How do I cancel a transaction on ebay? Seller is agreeing to cancel, but says i need to follow steps

Seller says I need to follow steps to cancel this transaction, but when I follow steps it comes to a message page for me to contact the seller and says the seller if they agree can then choose to cancel the transaction, but the seller is telling me i need to cancel it?? HELP

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do I cancel a transaction on ebay? Seller is agreeing to cancel, but says i need to follow steps

Does this help?

(Maybe send it through to the seller?)

Cancelling a Transaction

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If the seller has sent you a cancellation request, it should be in your My eBay messages and will give you one of two choices - to agree to cancel, or to decline. The cancellation request must be initiated by the seller, so if you don't have a message in your inbox giving you these two options, let the seller know that they still need to send it.

If you do have that message but it doesn't seem to be processing properly when you click on an option, the seller is probably better off contacting eBay to see if they will manually cancel the transaction.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

or here's one for the buyer to cancel the transaction

Cancel

It won't let me go any further (cos I don't want to cancel anything I've bought) so I don't know what happens when you follow the links, but have a look.

I think what you are needing is a Mutual Cancellation, but I can't find anything under that heading, so maybe one of those is what that is.

Best of luck

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

or do what Digi said.......

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply