How do I track "multiple Carriers"??

I bought two laptops in one listing from a seller in the States, I got a tracking number that starts with UPAAB... and the carrier is "multiple Carriers",, and there was no other information or links I can click on.

From google searching, it is Ebay's own postage service or something?

My question is how do I even track it? And how reliable is this service? Why didn't the seller just use my traditional shipping company like USPS or UPS or something.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For the buyer there is absolutely no advantage in using the GSP unless you are buying large/heavy items as the shipping rates are very reasonable for those items.

For the most part the GSP is slow, expensive and Pitney Bowes make up their own mind what they will and will not ship to Australia without any regard to what is allowed through Customs.  As an example, they will not ship any knives to Australia even though most of them are perfectly legal.

UPS is notoriously expensive.....I would not recommend them if you have a choice.   FedEx and DHL are usually more reasonable but any courier company is going to be more expensive.  If you can get a US seller to use USPS First Class International mail you are much better off.  Other USPS services are much more expensive but they do offer the seller tracking and insurance.  They can get tracking with First Class mail by adding E-DELCON which covers them for paypal I believe.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Try this tracking site I've found they're one of the best for worldwide tracking :-

http://www.17track.net/en/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

To add, make very sure that the power supply to the laptop is compatible with 240volts as the US works on 110volts or you could fry the laptop (most are rated 110volts - 240volts but check anyway).  A voltage converter may be needed if the power supply isn't compatible with the Oz voltage.

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

It could be GSP, but even when USPS is used, once the goods arrive in Australia they are handed to another contracted carrier anyway as USPS is not a domestic Australian carrier.

If you enter your tracking you should be able to check the status, and when it arrives in Aus another tracking number will be provided that relates to the internal carrier.

At least I think that is how it works.

Lyndal is our expert on all things freight related, and she will hopefully check in later.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

Nah, not GSP gc, there's 2 laptops showing in the last 30 days one from the US and one from Oz, but saying that the start of the tracking code is not one I've seen before.

"waits for Lyndal the Expert on Freight Thingies"

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

That comes up as an unknown number on 17track, maybe you should contact the seller and ask them to confirm the tracking number with you, though it's early days and the parcel may not have been scanned in the US yet (if it's actually a valid tracking number).

Hopefully lyndal will be around later to shed some light on this one..................

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

That bis a GSP shipping tracking number.

Click on the number and it will open a window to track the item to Erlanger in Kentucky by USPS.  Once ther the parcel may sit for a few days until it is passed to FedEx for shipping to Australia.

When it is passed to FedEx you will see FEDKEB on the tracking.....click on that and you will follow the item to Australia where is will clear Customs (maybe a day or so) and will then be delivered by FedEx or maybe Australia Post depending on the size/weight.

If FedEx does not deliver to your area they will pass it on to another local courier.

For anyone who is interested the GSP number does not show on any of the usual tracking sites that I have found.....the only way the BUYER can track it is by clicking on the number they have been given.  No-one can find it for them on any eternal site as far as I know.

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

What is the advantage of GPS over going directly to Fedex or UPS or USPS? 

Seem to me all this complicated layer for nothing.

Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

Your a much braver man than I. I would never buy this sort of thing from OS. 

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply