How do you feel about this buyers!!!!!!!

I have recently spent time in the sellers section and have found that its quite the norm for sellers to call their customers "stupid".

If a poor customer receives an item and its not as described, regardless how described via photo or written description, sellers often call buyers stupid.

I will not name and shame these sellers.............their comments are doing that.

If a buyer opens a dispute with the seller they are often refered to even worse names. I gather they are oblivious to the fact they are posting these comments on a public forum whare everyone can see, which leads to understand one of the reasons why customers are bypassing fleebay(as it is now commonly known).

I find that a lot of ebay sellers are their own worse enemy, very unprofessional and they are are giving ebay a very bad name. 

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@better-investment-than-shares wrote:

I have recently spent time in the sellers section and have found that its quite the norm for sellers to call their customers "stupid".

If a poor customer receives an item and its not as described, regardless how described via photo or written description, sellers often call buyers stupid.

I will not name and shame these sellers.............their comments are doing that.

If a buyer opens a dispute with the seller they are often refered to even worse names. I gather they are oblivious to the fact they are posting these comments on a public forum whare everyone can see, which leads to understand one of the reasons why customers are bypassing fleebay(as it is now commonly known).

I find that a lot of ebay sellers are their own worse enemy, very unprofessional and they are are giving ebay a very bad name. 

Hmmm...I do agree with some of your points.....not too sure about "fleebay".

Both my buying/selling experiences have been smooth with good traffic.

However the percentage of sellers who use these boards to denigrate buyers is fairly small & in the end Karma will take care of them.

The vast majority of experienced posters give clear/concise advice & I am sure they share your concerns.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

It really is a worth customers reading through the seller section..............................one will be amazed at comments and replies posted.

It gives a very good understanding into the way ebay sellers think or should I say, don't think nor do they understand their clientele. 

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

Most of the regular posters on the boards are seen on both the Buying and Selling boards.  We don't need to be directed to read the other sections of the Discussion Boards.

In case you had not noticed, the buyers here are just as rude about sellers.....there are idiot buyers as well as idiot sellers and most of us will not hesitate to point it out if it is necessary.

I should also point out that most of the sellers are also buyers, but not necessarily vice versa.

Most of the regular boardies are resigned to being blocked by some sellers who we have had no dealings with ever.....just because we are seen to post on the boards.

It has been estimated that less than 5% of ebay members even know about the boards, much less use them.  I don't think you warning is going to influence too many members.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

You totally miss one huge point.......................................................ebay sellers need buyers.....................................buyers can go else where to make a purchase.

In todays market, word of mouth is everything, whether its good or bad. The bad sticks out a hell of a lot more than the good.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

@better-investment-than-shares wrote:

you have been a seller in the past and the fact that now you have packed up ypur goods and chattel and are selling somewhere else

shows your ethics that now you would choose to bag sellers

sellers read the buyers forum as do the buyers read the sellers forum as in the main they are very informative

most sellers were once buyers and when buyers become sellers then they understand the problems that we have to face

most buyers are fantastic and who the sellers are referring to is a very small percentage of buyers who make selling very difficult to say the least

there are a small portion of serial troublemakers who ruin  sellers credibility in the click of a mouse with no regard or remorse for the damage they can do

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total absolute garbage, you still chose to call people idiots regardless, a form of judgement. Buyers and sellers are the life blood of Ebay that comes from many facets of our current society. With your linear judgment you like to label people as idiots, that do not conform to your world of business. 

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

The goods I sold in the past (a few years ago) were collectable coins and at a period when the market was running hot and you could make a extremely good margin. it's not he case today regardless of where you sell.

I stopped ages ago.

I'm in a different market today Smiley Happy 

But I am happy to listen to your rant and dig your hole deeper 🙂

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

I could not have said it better myself.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

the depth of the hole on here can be measured by people like yourself

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply