How to Temporarily Change Address

I have just bought something on Ebay UK.  I asked before bidding if it was okay to bid and have it sent to my daughter that lives in the UK.  They agreed that this was okay.

I have won the item.....How can I now change the address to show my daughters address in the UK

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When you pay, change the delivery address in checkout.

And to be on the safe side send a message to the seller with the address as a reminder as some sellers look at the eBay notification they receive rather than the Paypal notification.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Go to your Paypal account and add that address by going to your settings and clicking on the + sign

in your Addresses box.

Then when you go through checkout there should be an option to select that address.

Your Primary address is the one you mainly use but you can add as many other addresses to your PP

account as you want,(if you want to send items to a different address).

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for that advice

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Okay....when I go to checkout it tells me that I can't make payment because the seller hasn't specified postage cost to the location selected.  And the seller said it won't let her adjust the invoice because it is still showing the address as Australia.

So we both seem to be stuck

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

It doesn't seem to be giving me the option to add an overseas address...it wants to default to Australia

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Send a message to the seller with this link and suggest they need to add you to their exemption list then send an invoice with postage cost to the UK address.

Buyer requirements exemption list - http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

(This is the one from AU site, it may work and redirect otherwise they need to use the UK one)

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Try adding the UK address as one of your delivery addresses - you can have a few saved.

Go to My eBay > Account > Addresses, then click 'View all delivery addresses', where underneath will be an option to add a new address, with the country option at the top so you can change from AU there. You can make it your primary address, then go through checkout, then go back and make your regular address your primary address again. (This is how I did it when I wanted to do something similar a while ago). 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice.  It gave me an option when I went to checkout to request an exemption from the seller and request a new invoice.  When they got this message and clicked on the link, it then allowed them to be able to send me a new invoice and I was then able to pay!  

Thanks for everyone's help

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply