How to block seller from messaging you?

A seller is sending me abusive and threatening messages. Is there any way to I block this person from messaging me?

The sale has been completed.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

messages don't have a report button anymore, they only have a help and contact and you have to sift your way through all the carp to find the report a buyer link.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?query=1491&topicName=Reporting+a+member&st=6&levelHierarchy=5a2

I used inappropriate communications

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 70
Latest reply

Follow up

The OP was reported for 'email threats' through this link: http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2005&rcode=IV%25P20061&subject=Email%20...

I included a complaint about the negative/positive feedback, as well as the abusive and threatening messages.
EBay has deleted the OP's account and deleted her feedback.

I'm really happy to see eBay takes these matters seriously.

There is more information about eBay's Member-to-member contact policy here:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Messages have a report link.

Also select account, site prefs then buyer requirements.

To the right select show n edit and at the bottom is a blocked bidders list.

Add the member to your list and tick the box to block communication as well.

Seeing as you have been in a trans with the member it will take some time before the blocks take effect.

In the meantime just ignore the messages, don't even open them.

image host
Message 2 of 70
Latest reply

Why is the seller sending abusive messages ? Was there some kind of dispute over the sale ?

If the seller is sending the messages through ebay messages you could try contacting ebay customer service by phone and explaining that the seller is harrasing you. CS will have access to your ebay messages and will be able to view any abusive or threatening messages. If what you say is correct, the seller could find themselves either warned about ebay policy or even banned from selling.

If there is an ongoing dispute over the sale and the seller is not being abusive or threatening, but simply trying to sort the issue out it may be best to try to resolve the problem in a mature, proffesional way. I realise this is not always possible with some ebayers though.

Message 3 of 70
Latest reply

messages don't have a report button anymore, they only have a help and contact and you have to sift your way through all the carp to find the report a buyer link.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?query=1491&topicName=Reporting+a+member&st=6&levelHierarchy=5a2

I used inappropriate communications

Message 4 of 70
Latest reply

kopenhagen5, I am the buyer, not the seller.

chameleon54, The seller is sending abusive messages because I gave her negative feedback. She has been hostile from the very first contact when I advised that there was a problem with the item. The transaction is over and done with, but she is sending me message after message of filth and threats such as sending some guy over to my house to rape me. It's childish and gross.

I know sellers can block buyers, but can buyers block seller?
Message 5 of 70
Latest reply

Give ebay a call in the morning - they don't take kindly to buyers or sellers sending messages with filth and threats in them. Just ignore the messages and let ebay deal with the seller.

Message 6 of 70
Latest reply

....in the last 6mths, you have left 5 negatives and 1 neutral feedback.
You must have the worst buying luck on ebay!

That aside, I wonder what messages you have been sending to your sellers, to provoke such vile responses..... ??

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 70
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

....in the last 6mths, you have left 5 negatives and 1 neutral feedback.
You must have the worst buying luck on ebay!

That aside, I wonder what messages you have been sending to your sellers, to provoke such vile responses..... ??

agree.....always 2 sides to a story ! wondering what that last green dot starting with "RUDE" is about ?

Message 8 of 70
Latest reply

gelfling, it's the same thing.

The block list is for any member, whether you are buyer or seller.

image host
Message 9 of 70
Latest reply

So many items not received or damaged really lol

Message 10 of 70
Latest reply