How to block seller from messaging you?

A seller is sending me abusive and threatening messages. Is there any way to I block this person from messaging me?

The sale has been completed.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

The negative comment on my feedback is from this seller. My 'rude' was leaving her neg feedback. I did pay and there was no fraud. I offered to send the item back and sent photos showing that it was DOA. The seller agreed that she expected it to be DOA when she posted it and said that I should not have ordered it in the first place. She agreed to a refund, but then didn't provide it.

I have left negs where I feel it is appropriate. If I recieve an item that doesn't work or is missing pieces/items I will leave negative feedback IF I have to go through eBay to force a refund where it is clearly the seller's responsibility. If the seller provides a refund after recieveng proof of the above, I don't leave a neg. I feel that this is fair. My feedback states why a neg has been left. Please advise as to which you think is not a valid reason for neg feedback.

Thank you to those who have been helpful.

Message 11 of 70
Latest reply

if a seller is using the message system to make threats of sending someone to rape you this has become a police matter. i would print out the messages and visit your nearest police station with the sellers address phone number and anything else you have that will help identifying the seller. making threats via the intenet is now a criminal offence police must make a report and investigate possibly leading to charges being laid.

Message 12 of 70
Latest reply

ebay are usless in this matter they either do not care or take size of the abuser , I had a simular problem , I believe they know ebay will do little so they get away with it , my buyer said all thre colourfull words the Cs an Fs thru ebay message yest let him exist

it makes you wonder really what type of system they run gooSmiley Madd Luck!

Message 13 of 70
Latest reply

As well as reporting the emails you should report the seller for leaving that false positive. Personally I wouldn't have seen any of the threats or abuse as once the transaction was over with me getting my money back and leaving the neg I would have deleted any communication from them without wasting my time reading it.

While you do seem to have left a disproportionate number of negs it may well be that you are making most purchases in a category where things are more fragile or you are buying a lot of cheap Chinese stuff that experienced buyers avoid if they want something that works for a reasonable amount of time.

You are quite right that if goods are defective and you have to ask ebay or Paypal to step in then the seller deserves a neg but you mention in several of the comments that you had to pay to return, if ebay find in your favour then the seller has to pay the cost of return and if they don't ebay will force the refund anyway without you having to return so I am wondering if you did in fact win the disputes.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 70
Latest reply

There was the DOA plant mentioned above.

One item was a bull bar, in which the seller only sent the winch brackets and not the actual bull bar. ("Only half arrived..")

The rest were, yes I am guilty as charged, cheap Chinese lights. Two of them, the non-refunded return postage, were from the same seller (purchased on the same night). EBay's advice on return postage was:

"Sellername let us know that they can't buy a return postage label for you to use for 5M RGB 5050 150/300 Led SMD Flexible Strip Light Non-Waterproof/Waterproof 12V. The seller is still responsible for return postage costs, so contact them to arrange return postage."

How does one arrange return postage with the seller? I sent them a copy of the receipt and ask them nicely to credit my PayPal account and then crossed my fingers. No surprises that the seller couldn't care less once eBay had refunded my item cost and closed the case. I contacted eBay's customer service about the return postage and they said they would look into it for me. That was the end of the story.

The seller of '2/3 DOA' laser pens also claimed that they couldn't provide a postage label, so I expect I will be in the same boat there. If you have any suggestions as to how get a refund for those postage costs I would be very grateful. As the items are still in return transit (with tracking of course) the case is still open.

The seller with neutral feedback posted me an item that is nothing like the light in his pictures, however given my experience with the Chinese light returns mentioned above it is not worth losing the return postage cost to pursue a claim.

Message 15 of 70
Latest reply

Thank you. I reported the messages and the false positive feedback as suggested. EBay sent me an automated reply saying they will look into it for me.
Message 16 of 70
Latest reply

@1littlegelfling wrote:

The negative comment on my feedback is from this seller. My 'rude' was leaving her neg feedback. I did pay and there was no fraud. I offered to send the item back and sent photos showing that it was DOA. The seller agreed that she expected it to be DOA when she posted it and said that I should not have ordered it in the first place. She agreed to a refund, but then didn't provide it.

I don't want this post to be seen as defending the seller's actions and the content of their messages, as if she's sent threats as you describe, that's not excusable, but can I ask if you live in one of the areas where it's recommended, and therefore paid for express post as instructed to in the listing description for those plants? I ask because the listing hasn't been altered since February (according to the revision history) and the seller makes special mention of the plants being fragile and not necessarily able to withstand longer transit times (which in turn indicated absolutely they were aware they'd probably arrive DOA to certain areas, but the also made sure any buyer in those locations would be aware of it too, and provided an option to avoid it). 

Message 17 of 70
Latest reply

If the seller is unable to provide a return postage label (and an overseas seller certainly cannot do so) ebay is supposed to pay you for the postage when you upload the tracked postage details.  They then recoup it from the seller.

Upload the postage receipt for the in transit items into the dispute and see what happens.

I would also ring them about the previous return postage if it was not too long ago.

Message 18 of 70
Latest reply

I too was receiving disgusting, vial and threatening messages from a seller I gave a neutral review to. Ebay told me the following which worked -

1. Under My account - click on Site Preferences

2. Go down to Buyer Requirements

3. Click on Edit (top right corner)

4. Scroll down to very last selection

5. Very last box - tick this box.

6. At end of sentence, click on Blocked List.

7. Add seller's name to Blocked Bidder/Buyer List.

8. Hit Submit.

This will stop both buyers and sellers from being able to contact you.

Hope this helps....

Message 19 of 70
Latest reply

Adding a member to your blocked bidders lit only prevents them from buying from you, not from contacting you.

Message 20 of 70
Latest reply