How to block seller from messaging you?

A seller is sending me abusive and threatening messages. Is there any way to I block this person from messaging me?

The sale has been completed.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

In my experience in the past with a few nasties when I blocked them all means of contact finally ended after 60 days.

Meaning no more threats/communication was possible.

Message 21 of 70
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Adding a member to your blocked bidders lit only prevents them from buying from you, not from contacting you.

True. I think they would need to tick the "don't allow blocked members to contact me" box in buyer requirements, but I think that is only available if you've set up to sell. That said, it doesn't stop people who are currently in a transaction with you.

Message 22 of 70
Latest reply

It stops a member contacting you if they have not had a transaction with you but if you have already bought then the contact will remain available for some time. It also does not stop contact through the link on the feedback page. As I said before it is only a problem if you waste your time reading the messages, just delete and forget.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 23 of 70
Latest reply

Follow up

The OP was reported for 'email threats' through this link: http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2005&rcode=IV%25P20061&subject=Email%20...

I included a complaint about the negative/positive feedback, as well as the abusive and threatening messages.
EBay has deleted the OP's account and deleted her feedback.

I'm really happy to see eBay takes these matters seriously.

There is more information about eBay's Member-to-member contact policy here:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

Message 24 of 70
Latest reply

"I don't support assault but, what was she wearing? How many boyfriends has she had? And what was she doing out on her own?"

I came to this forum to ask what I though was a simple question, with no intention of sharing any more information than the fact that I wanted to block messages and didn't know how to.

I have to express my dissapointment in the members here who have made me feel that I need to defend the ins and outs of not only this transaction, but transactions that are totally unrelated. I have been made to feel that I need to justify why I deserve to block messages from a hostile and irrational stranger, who knows where I live, and has claimed that she has sent people to got to my house and rape me.

I am sure that you can appreciate that such behaviour might be terrifying for some women and these responses to it are disturbing. I hope that those who have made these comments and interrigations will take a moment to reflect on that and to rethink making such comments in the future should someone else have a similar experience.

Message 25 of 70
Latest reply

@1littlegelfling wrote:

"I don't support assault but, what was she wearing? How many boyfriends has she had? And what was she doing out on her own?"

I came to this forum to ask what I though was a simple question, with no intention of sharing any more information than the fact that I wanted to block messages and didn't know how to.

I have to express my dissapointment in the members here who have made me feel that I need to defend the ins and outs of not only this transaction, but transactions that are totally unrelated. I have been made to feel that I need to justify why I deserve to block messages from a hostile and irrational stranger, who knows where I live, and has claimed that she has sent people to got to my house and rape me.

I am sure that you can appreciate that such behaviour might be terrifying for some women and these responses to it are disturbing. I hope that those who have made these comments and interrigations will take a moment to reflect on that and to rethink making such comments in the future should someone else have a similar experience.

What exactly is that first line referring to?   Where has anyone asked that question?

You asked a question on a public forum....you are always going to get a mixed bag of responses, especially if there is a debate over what to do in the circumstances.

How are the responses here disturbing?

Message 26 of 70
Latest reply

Many people hide behind a keyboard to abuse via messages and hostile feedback.

From what I've read here, you've received some very helpful suggestions to your question.

Message 27 of 70
Latest reply

@1littlegelfling wrote:

Please don't equate all of the responses to this post which questioned other details as victim blaming on that level.

Message 28 of 70
Latest reply

@1littlegelfling wrote:

Its nice to hear that ebay have taken some serious action to prevent your stalker from harrasing you or others. Threats of rape etc. are off the scale and no-one should be subjected to that on ebay or anywhere else. Luckily these nutters are relativly rare. I have only come across 3 or 4 in my time on ebay.

Unfortunately not all people who come to the forums are completely honest with the information they provide. In some cases, the stories they present are completely at odds with information provided by other people involved in the transaction who come to the boards to share their side of the story.

People who try to assist with advice no longer have access to some of the tools that where used in these cases, due to privacy concerns. This means that it is often necessary to ask a few more questions in order to ascertain what is actually going on. It is up to the OP as to how much information they give, but people responding do need a certain amount of information to give accurate and helpfull answers.

Message 29 of 70
Latest reply

how does this answer the question about blocking a SELLER?
Message 30 of 70
Latest reply