I have a couple of questions??

scotty*75
Community Member

1/ Immediate payment required..

I want to buy several items from a seller and take advantage of combined postage but I am unable to   continue shopping with seller and request total as It takes me straight to paypal...I find it quite frustrating

as in the postage and description it says the postage discount for multiple items purchased but the system doesn't allow you to make multiple purchases..

2/Second chance offers...

Anyone else get suspicious when they are offered?

I think they are fine if the seller has a second item the same as the first available but other than  

that I find them dodgy..

If I get offered a second chance offer because the winning bidder pulled out and renigged on their bid

shouldn't there bid become null and void and shouldn't I be offered a second chance offer as if they never bid at all??

Also doesn't it encourage shrill bidding??

Sorry if its been done but just a few things that I would like some opinions on..Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

1. IF a seller only have immediate payment required, and they offer combined discounted postage then ask them to make you a special listing for the items you want.

however, be aware that a seller does not hve to give you a discount just because you buy more than one item and are allowed to charge postage on each one (not v.friendly in a lot of cases but thats how it is)

2. you dont have to accept a 2nd chance offer if you dont want to or you suspect something wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

scotty*75
Community Member

Sellers item description states 75 pence for additional items

I would have bought 3 auctions this morning but didn't because it wont allow me to buy multiples..

Another uk seller that I haven't bought from again.... think they are called simplyrunstore  also show that they discount additional postage items...when messaged asking how am I meant to purchase multiples  with immediate payment required they replied just pay each one then we will refund you the difference...yeah right

A note to all sellers as a frequent buyer "immediate payment" loses you multiple sales when you have postage discount offered..

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is an auction the seller can not have Immediate Payment activated.

I have never had a problem with Immediate Payment.  If the seller has suggested paying individually and they will refund the difference, I have done so and never been disappointed.

In other cases the seller has removed the Immediate Payment option so I can purchase. In one case the seller made up a listing after I sent her a list of what I wanted.

I guess a lot depends on the seller's reputation whether you can trust them or not.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Not all sellers are out to make a profit on postage:|

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

scotty*75
Community Member

making a profit on postage has nothing to do with this conversation?:|

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

scotty*75
Community Member

Pointing out a flaw in the system that ultimately loses sales for sellers and annoys buyers..

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

".when messaged asking how am I meant to purchase multiples  with immediate payment required they replied just pay each one then we will refund you the difference...yeah right"

I believe this statement illustrates that my comment does have bearing on your post:|

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Pointing out a flaw in the system that ultimately loses sales for sellers and annoys buyers..

Yes, I agree

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

scotty*75
Community Member

My comment illustrates that ebay works because there are systems in place that you cant just

take someones word for it especially when it comes to a payment..

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply