I have had an item I ordered delivered to the wrong address. Marked as delivered on the tracking. Au

woop66
Community Member

Aus post have admitted fault. Company are giving me the run around. Can't communicate with ebay. **bleep**!

A little annoyed now after this has gone on for nearly 6 months.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have had an item I ordered delivered to the wrong address. Marked as delivered on the tracking. Au

This problem is outside of eBay.

Either the wrong address has been given or AP has made an error.

Not knowing the details and what has transpired in the transaction, you need to communicate with the seller of the item.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If Australia Post have admitted fault and you have it in writing you could try making a complaint to the Postal Ombudsman.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

eBay certainly aren't going to do anything after nearly 6 months.

Maybe, in future, be a bit more proactive.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

And unless insured the post office will only cough up $50
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Not so, if you make enough of a fuss they wil pay up in full.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Communicated with ebay from the start. Marked as delivered by aus post. To wrong address. Been dealing with aus post and seller in interim. Back to ebay now to paypal. Seller says sending but will believe it when I see it. Paypal will reimburse up to 180 days. Still got 2 weeks before this saga is played out. Can only be so proactive...

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If you've already opened a dispute in PayPal, you only have 10 days to escalate I think. You can't leave it open for 180 days. If you don't do anything, they will close it and you won't get a refund. Escalate the dispute to a claim once it allows you. If the item does arrive, you can repay the seller.

Edited to add: If the tracking is showing as delivered, both eBay and PayPal will close the dispute in favour of the seller. Your best bet is taking it up with Aust Post. Get on their facebook page if you have to. You get better results on there. Nathan is always particularly helpful.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

If you've already opened a dispute in PayPal, you only have 10 days to escalate I think. You can't leave it open for 180 days. If you don't do anything, they will close it and you won't get a refund. Escalate the dispute to a claim once it allows you. If the item does arrive, you can repay the seller.

Edited to add: If the tracking is showing as delivered, both eBay and PayPal will close the dispute in favour of the seller. Your best bet is taking it up with Aust Post. Get on their facebook page if you have to. You get better results on there. Nathan is always particularly helpful.

Sorry Tippy, not true.

I am proof of that.  Tracking said delivered, I didnt have the item. AP said they could not confirm delivery as a signiture was not required. I won my paypal dispute despite tracking saying item was delivered.  (this was those two wooden statue masks, and we know how that ended Man Very Happy )

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply