I have not received any contact from the seller 1 week after paying for an item

On 9/2/17 I purchased an item and funds were debited from my paypal account and bank account in full.   I have not received any contact from the seller and the item is not showing as shipped.   Seller will not respond to my email request for confirmation that the order has been shipped.

Not sure what to do now and not happy.

Regards

Donna

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would not do anything yet.....the seller has a 4 business day handling time and he may not have marked it as posted yet.

Not all sellers are at their computers every day and he is in India....have you taken the time difference into account?

Ebay does suggest waiting 48 hours for a reply from a seller....have you given it that long?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ooohhh, thanks Lyndal, that reminds me that I haven't marked as posted an item I posted on Tuesday. Probably no point now. I just checked and it was delivered today. Doeth!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Shame on you.

How is the buyer supposed to know they received it if you didn't mark it posted?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Yeah, good point. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm not logged into that account at the moment. I'm sure the buyer will let me know when they don't get it.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Tippy you should get in touch anyway to remind them to not open a not received claim after you have not marked it as posted after they have received it. Perhaps let them know at the same time that you will not be letting them know the replacement you will not be sending them was not posted either

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes.............

Spoiler
I've saved the day, I marked it as posted tonight 😄
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@renegade.5335 wrote:

On 9/2/17 I purchased an item and funds were debited from my paypal account and bank account in full.   I have not received any contact from the seller and the item is not showing as shipped.   Seller will not respond to my email request for confirmation that the order has been shipped.

Not sure what to do now and not happy.

Regards

Donna

Well, you should be safe. If the item does not arrive within the given time frame, you can just open an item not received claim and that should get the seller's attention quick smart.

If he doesn't answer that, then at least you'll get your money back.

One of my pet annoyances is sellers who don't mark an item as sent. I could not care less about 'time differences'. Come on, we're talking a few hours. No one expects same day service but the item was paid for 9/2 and renegade posted the query on 16/2 from what i can make out. That's a week. Slack, slack, slack seller. If it has been posted, then he is being stupid to himself.

Then he has not responded to an email message?

So here's your plan of attack. Wait to see if the item arrives in time. If it doesn't, open a case, get a refund.

If it does arrive or arrives late, do feedback & ding his stars right down for communication & postage time.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply