I recieved a FAKE 64 gig USB Flash Memory Stick

Having been stung in the past over buying a fake USB memry stick in the past from China,I thought it safe buying from a local Australian seller,but the moment I paid for it,I was informed the item would not arrive in the mail for 2 weeks to a month,so checking out the sellers ID account I saw that he was based in China but was somehow calling himself Australian based and even though he had a really high rating of 25000 sales I looked through the negative comments and 4 of them were people typing in all caps FAKE USB DRIVE FAKE ,I immediately contacted the seller expressing my concerns and he replied in 30 minutes saying not to worry everything will be fine the USB Memory Stick is geniune,but sure enough it was fake and when I contacted the seller saying It is fake you know,Not Happy,he replied 2 days later saying I should take a video of the USB not working and email the video to the hotmail account,I replied via eBay asking what good is emailing a video of it not working and it has been 24 hours and still no reply

is there anyway of getting a refund,  the only option I see is posting it to china,and with Australia Post but with the  rates of postage these days it will probably cost me $20 in postage

Any Ideas  ?

Daren

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sending fakes through AP within Australia may not be a problem....there is no reason why AP should even know what is in the parcel.

BUT the OP is talking about sending an item back to China.  That is a different kettle of fish when Customs get involved and there are Declarations of Contents on the parcel.

No skin off my nose....I told the OP how to go about getting a refund without return.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot post fakes through Australia Post so you cannot return it to China.

You should have checked the feedback before buying, not after.

You could try a dispute for item not as described.  You may need to get a letter from a qualified 3rd party to say the item is fake and then point out that you cannot return fakes through AP.   You may be able to get a refund without returning the item.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You cannot post fakes through Australia Post 

actually you can, as long as the supplyer of goods takes responsability for the item and it compliyes within postal t&c's, they can do so via a form of return label (although overseas sellers cant do this)

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal - and the rest of you who keep telling people they can't send fake things through Australia post.

WRONG! 

Firstly, all those so called fakes would have arrived to the buyer's addresses  with APO. So - what is the problem in sending it back the same way?

Secondly -  if the item is not of explosive nature - who is going to open parcels  to make sure the contents are not FAKE? And even if they did that (which they don't ever) how would they know it's fake? 

And thirdly -  pay attention here:

APO is quite happily selling fake Chanel bags, other designer items, fake make up and tons of other stuff on their auctions for parcels that were not delivered.

And - the winning bidders are not allowed to do charge backs on their c/cards, not allowed to complain that the item is fake - those are the conditions of bidding online for their items, and to cap it all - they of course deliver by post winning bidder's items!

Someone in our office did email them asking why they are selling fakes and the answer was: We don't care - as all proceeds go to charity"

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Opening a case for INAD in eBay may get you a refund with the seller not requiring it's return seeing as it's worthless anyway.

Either that or chop down the largest tree in the forest.............................with a herring. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

(I thought it was the knights who say ni, not nee.)

Spoiler

Image result for cat meme shrubbery

Anyhooo.............why is it fake?  Is it a stick that doesn't work (just a stick)

Or is it one of those that say 64 gig, but only hold 8 gig?

Just curious, not helpful     smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

this my 5-6th fake memory stick but I thought I learnt my lesson years ago,but seeing it for sale within australai with a sydeny address I assumed he must be Kosher well it said 59gig when I put it in the computer but when I copied over small files it worked fine,then when I tried to copy over a 30gig file and got part way and then slowed down,the computer said it will take 17 hours to copy and after an hour the computer froze,I did a hard reboot and when the computer was back up and running again,the flash memory stick now just said "Removal Drive" and if I clicked on it ,I got a message that said please insert memory stick or words to that effect,basically the memory chip inside was tricked to say 59 gig held maybe 8 gig and when I tried to copy a 30 gig file it just made the computer freeze and the reboot burnt out the memory chip inside,it now reads like one of the card readers without a SD card inserted
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Bummer.  I've heard a lot of stories about these chinese sticks

Best to buy from B & M stores for sticks in future.  

Open an INAD through ebay.  If they want it back, they'll have to pay postage.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Sending fakes through AP within Australia may not be a problem....there is no reason why AP should even know what is in the parcel.

BUT the OP is talking about sending an item back to China.  That is a different kettle of fish when Customs get involved and there are Declarations of Contents on the parcel.

No skin off my nose....I told the OP how to go about getting a refund without return.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply