I won an auction and the seller doesn't want to sell it to me

I won an auction and the seller doesn't want to sell it to me. Keeps asking me to give him more money!

What do i do if i still want the item?

Is the seller allowed to do that. I already tried paying the seller by paypal but he refunded the money.

I thought an auction was final. What do i do? I dont want to pay more.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Unless you want to go to court, there really is nothing you can do.

It is wrong. The seller is contractually bound to sell you the item at the price you secured it for, but there is very little or nothing that eBay or PayPal will do for you.

If you want the item, then you are going to have to pay more money or the seller simply won't send it to you.

If not, you can report the seller for non performance, this won't get you your item though.

Then you can let your feelings about the transaction be known through your feedback. If you choose to leave feedback, make sure it is factual and complies with eBay rules so that it cannot be removed.

If the seller asks for a mutual cancellation - don't agree! let them wear the FVF's.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

This is absolutely disgraceful behaviour on behalf of this Seller. I truly think ebay need to have a more complete policy to deal with this kind of thing. It tarnishes the ebay Buyers faith in those of us who honour our sales & attempt to offer the highest standard of customer care & service.

People like this deserve to be named & shamed or at the very least restricted by ebay.

OP I really feel for you what you are experiencing is not how this site is supposed to work.

Personally I would move on and make a note never to deal with this dispicable Seller again, its a pity that is really all you can do.

My best wishes to you........

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Leave them a neg, keep it factual, something like: Refused to sell at end price, refunded payment. make sure you leave 1 DSR for each star rating, leaving none does not effect the 'score'

If they send you a request to mutually cancel tick the box to refuse it, that way they will still have to pay the FVF. They can't leave you a neg in retaliation but if they leave you a pos with a neg comment contact ebay and ask for it to be removed, that will get them a policy violation recorded against their account.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

yeah what PJ said!!!

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

yeah what PJ said!!!

you just mnade me laugh

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

hahaha i live to mnake you laugh!!! ya dag hahah

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

gevkal
Community Member

Leave the muppet serious negative feedback and a follow up comment.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

muppet

I like that word.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply