Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

I won the auction buy seller told me they had sold the item already

I won an auction yesterday for 2 sofas. No one else bid. I had asked a question of the seller which was ignored. I bid anyway. When I asked when I could collect the sofas, they told me they had sold them so they weren't available. 

Community Member

Re: I won the auction buy seller told me they had sold the item already

in reply to mungoandwillie

Unfortunately sometimes this happens - the seller sells elsewhere.   Nobody can make them sell the sofas to you. 

You have the option to leave feedback, or you could just forget it, and look for another bargain.

Community Member

If the seller asks for a mutual cancellation refuse it then they will not get a refund of their FVFs, punishment enough for not taking the listing down if they sold elsewhere. Uless you paid by Paypal, which I presume you wouldn't do for a pick up item, you are not out any money so just move on and look elsewhere for your sofas.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Community Member

But even if a seller doesn't ask for a cancellation or if you refuse they can still get their fvf back by calling eBay. Happened to me once where an item was damaged post sale and payment was refunded. Buyer wasn't happy and refused to accept the cancellation. Rang eBay and fvf was refunded immediately