Im a bit confused when reading this warning message via Inbox here on ebay

Screenshot_2017-08-16-11-42-45.pngIm a bit confused about when I read the warning message in my inbox here on ebay. But what activity in my account are they talking about? You mean buying items or talking about delivery address when asking a seller about using a post office address? But I did deleted the offers thing that were declined too when I made an offer to get a good price but it's okay I already deleted that on my Purchase History or something in activity section.

Also I screenshot of this one.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay is getting paranoid about off ebay trading.

What they are talking about would be your discussions with the seller about addresses.

I suspect that the seller has had a similar message but with possible ramifications regarding their ability to trade.  It has been known for sellers to have their accounts restricted for the "sin" of trying to sell off ebay when all they have done is answer a question from a buyer.

As far as I can see you are not in trouble but the seller probably is.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, you're probably right there lyndal and through absolutely no fault of either the seller or the OP - it's pathetic these days - eBay are just creating more & more mistrust.  If buyers ask a simple question and sellers do not / cannot respond directly, professionally and effectively, what does the buyer think ?  It's ok for buyers like yourself who know how the system works, but let's be honest, the vast majority of buyers probably don't have the first idea

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Very true mb.

I very rarely have to ask questions but these days I am even more mindful of the ramifications for the seller if I word it injudiciously.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay is getting paranoid about off ebay trading.

What they are talking about would be your discussions with the seller about addresses.

I suspect that the seller has had a similar message but with possible ramifications regarding their ability to trade.  It has been known for sellers to have their accounts restricted for the "sin" of trying to sell off ebay when all they have done is answer a question from a buyer.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ah I understand now. But I don't think he or she didnt do anything wrong. I was prolly asking if it's okay to delivery to my first LPO address for pick up parcel once it arrives to Aussie. But when I receive a parcel from Post Office for the first time. There's no problems when I recceived it. That's why I thought if it's okay to delivery to APO/LPO address.

Also I thought the message like that screenshot I receive via ebay was about bidding / offers thing. But I already understand what you said... Thanks.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, you're probably right there lyndal and through absolutely no fault of either the seller or the OP - it's pathetic these days - eBay are just creating more & more mistrust.  If buyers ask a simple question and sellers do not / cannot respond directly, professionally and effectively, what does the buyer think ?  It's ok for buyers like yourself who know how the system works, but let's be honest, the vast majority of buyers probably don't have the first idea

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Very true mb.

I very rarely have to ask questions but these days I am even more mindful of the ramifications for the seller if I word it injudiciously.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Stop it lyndal you're starting to make me get the dictionary out lol

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I'm posting this here primarily for any sellers who may read this and find it useful. I've had a number of buyers message me and provide me with email addresses (sometimes typed out in full, sometimes disguised), phone numbers and both direct and indirect requests to deal off-eBay.

I respond to them by simply saying - "unfortunately, eBay policy prevents me from being able to respond to this message except to advise that I'm not able to communicate or deal off eBay". then I provide the next best option available for communicating / purchasing (eg if they want bulk or custom items, I let them know how I'd proceed via eBay. In the case of buyers asking for pick up etc, I'd keep the first part mentioning eBay policy, and change it to something like "...except to advise that I'm not able to provide a pick-up or inspection location until the item has been purchased via eBay").

This lets the buyer know you're being involuntarily restricted, and so far I haven't had a single warning from ebay (*touch wood*). I don't know if the buyers received any warnings. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply