Issue with purchase

Hi All,

On the 21st May I bought a CD from an international seller.  6 days later it's not marked as sent, nor has he/she responded to my question asking if it had been sent already.

I would like to cancel the transaction now as if seller doesn't send or at leat respond to me, I cannot open a dispute until the 4th August as that is apparently the expected delivery time! Why so far away? That's ridiculous IMO. It is a country I have bought from before without an issue.

Anyway, I sent a request to cancel the order but as seller didn't bother responding to my "just wondering if you've shipped the CD yet" question, I hold very little hope in them responding to my request to cancel. 

Any advice for me?

Do I just have to wait until 4th August to get my money back if seller doesn't respond? I think that's ludicrous if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Issue with purchase

just because a seller doesnt respond to messages doesnt automatcally mean your item hasn't been posted.

international sellers often do not have tracking on small items like cd's.

so unfortunately you do have to wait until the date quoted for delivery has been reached before making a claim.

at least if it doesnt turn up you can make a claim, isnt that a huge relief?

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Hi, thanks for your reply.  My issue is they've not even marked it as sent so that is why i was worried when I didn't get a response.

The date of 4th August is also a concern for me - thats literally months away and seems a little wrong. Waiting till 4th August to be able to open a dispute if the item does not arriveseems a bit fishy.  I will then not be able to leave feedback if something does go wrong.  4th August (over 12 weeks) seems a bit strange, don't you think?  Can I even dispute that far into the future if CD doesn't arrive?

The date only showed up AFTER i paid for the CD.  I would never ever have bought if I knew there would be a possible wait of over 3 months. 

I am a bit concerned as this entire transaction feels very wrong. 

I will see if seller responds to my request to cancel the order.  They say to go with your gut instint, and my gut instinct is screaming that this one is going to be a major drama. 😞

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

I should mention, the estimated delivery is 24th June - 4th August but disputing it couldn't happen until 4th August. 

Is there a reason the delivery timeframe could be over 3 months like this? It just seems a bit off to me.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

estimated delivery dates are invented and inserted by ebay. They have NO clue of real world postage speeds

What was your seller's handling time and what was their feed back like?

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

could you show the litings item number so we can take a look at it?

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Hi,

I had to use google translate as listing is in another language, but from what I gather, 4-10 days for them to ship, not sure about arrival date.

Translation:

"Fast shipping in the rack between 4-10 days.  Please note that some shipments may take longer, sometimes by mail."

Translated from French but seller is in Germany.  99.5% positive, with a lot of feedback in French too, but if I translate some of the negatives, I worry as there's one I found that translates to "I have not received the CD, I have contacted the seller who refuses to refund". and another that translates to "No serious this seller I received and empty envelope, advise against".

Another one in English "beware, send my order too late and want to give a small fee, not happy"

A lot of positive too which outweighs the negative, a lot of feedback in French.  Hard to say.

I just think not being able to get my money back if something does go wrong for over 3 months is ridiculous, and that I then won't be able to leave feedback either makes it worse. 

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Davidc4430, am I allowed to put the listing number in here? Haven't been on the boards in ages but I am aware I'm not meant to give out the seller's ID which you'd be able to get from the listing number.
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

i dunno, ive seen other posters using item numbers to ask questions about things. best wait for someone smarter than me to tell us.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

@davidc4430 wrote:

i dunno, ive seen other posters using item numbers to ask questions about things. best wait for someone smarter than me to tell us.

Says the man who keeps putting up book links,  lol

Give us the item number please.

I'm thinking they're sending it surface mail, not air mail

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply