Item Relisted

OK I won an auctioned item but the seller has relisted the item and it has bids on it up in the $300 mark, before I had a chance to pay for it lol it hadn't even been 24hrs since sale,but for some reason the seller must have thought because payment wasn't made immediately then they had the right to relist.

When I tried to pay for it is when I realized what was going on as I was stopped from paying for it.

I am still being asked to pay for it but it won't let me,

On top of everything I have also received an UI and I still can't make the payment.

Is this another glitch in the system or is the seller somehow blocking my payment because the item has got a way higher bid amount on it so the seller isn't to fussed about it.

I'm worried that I'll receive a strike for non payment,

I've contacted eBay,they said to work it out with the seller,so I have asked the seller to close the case as I can't pay for item for some reason and mentioned that it may be due to them relisting far to early and not giving enough time for me to pay for it lol.

I was actually sleeping as you do during the night so it wasn't possible for me to pay for it then.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item Relisted

I had a buyer from the U.S.A who could not pay for an item last week. I rang ebay CS and they advised that the phone app is not always reliable and the buyer should try paying, using their home computer.  That didnt work and I ended up cancelling the sale as we where both getting a bit frustrated. ( the buyer requested the cancellation ) .

If the seller has relisted the item, has he cancelled the sale ? If so, that might prevent you from paying. I had a seller last week who cancelled an item I purchased as he was out of stock. ( supposedly....... it went very cheap..... ) I still got the payment reminders, even though the item was cancelled. If the seller uses ebays auto ''unpaid item '' function and there is a glitch in the system, I suspect the dispute could automatically open, even though the item was cancelled.

Yes I know it shoudnt work that way, but I shouldnt have been getting payment reminders, days after my purchase was cancelled by the seller either.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just because it's relisted won't make a diff to first sale.

I often have an item for sale and relist the listing immediately as I have another identical item.

If there is an UIC open then it is obviously more than 4 days ago and you should be able to go into the case and pay ?

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

There's no identical item it's the same item I won.

Same production number.

Yes it has gotten to the stage where a case has been opened,but I can't pay as it won't let me.

So either the seller or eBay have put a block on my payment,as I said it could be a glitch or I'm suspended from buying forever as well lol

PS I have been trying to pay for it from day 2 with no luck

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Spoiler
Clear out your cookies and cache, and reboot your computer.
Spoiler
No wait, wrong issue 😄
Spoiler
Ring eBay and ask to speak to Michelle?

How long has the dispute been open? Have you tried contacting the seller through another listing? Have you tried bidding on the new listing, just to see if you can? I would have thought that even if you'd been blocked you'd still be able to pay.

What happens when you go to pay? Given all the glitches on eBay AU lately, have you tried going to eBay US and trying to pay through there? It's been ages since I've had an UPI opened against me, is there a button or a link in the email you can click on?

I know you've probably tried all this, but just writing stuff as I think of it.

Edit: Shame on you for sleeping!

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Image result for smiley scratch head animated  How can there be a UPI, if, as you say, it was ony 24 hours???

I'd try everything Tippy said

Tippy, she's allowed to sleep now.   She's not a seller anymore.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

It was only 24hrs after the sale when I tried to pay for it the first time and now it has been 5 days actually but everytime I try to pay it won't go through.

The seller had relisted the item only 24hrs after the sale also.

And I have tried all of tippy's ideas and I have contacted the seller and ebay and nothing has happened yet apart from seeing the item relisted with nearly more than twice the amount I paid for it.

So I'm trying to work out what's happening either a glitch or seller not bothering due to a better price with current auction.

All I want then is for the seller to close the case if they wish to resell it that's all and not receiving a strike hahaha

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

But apparently she's not. If she places bids early for auctions finishing in the middle of the night, she is meant to stay up to pay for them immediately upon winning.......or so that seller thinks.

I had a buyer contact me last night telling me they were interested in quite a few of my items and wanted them as a gift next week, how quick could I get them there and how much would it cost. I told her I could post express and gave her the prices and given her location, 99% of the time it's overnight, or 2 days tops. However, if she was to buy, she'd need to buy before 10am as I had to leave for work at 11.30am and I'd need time to package everything. 

She kept me up until nearly 2.30am asking different things and I was expecting to see all these sold emails this morning. Nothing. This afternoon while I was at work she was on my back again about how quick could I get it there and I replied that now it would be Tuesday at the earliest. It was only that I worked last night that I was still up when she messaged me at midnight, but I got the impression she would have expected a reply  regardless of the time.

She still hasn't bought anything. I'm guessing she won't.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Should I sleep during the day time so I can pay during the night is that the way eBay works now Woman Tongue

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I am thinking an UIC was opened then you were placed on their BBL.

Perhaps that's the new trick to run an auction again if not happy with the price.

If seller is not responding you could shoot off a message, I have just mailed you a bank cheque for the purchase, please upload the tracking as soon as it's sent. Then see what the response is.

And you could call eBay and ask what happens to the case if you have mailed the payment and seller closes it as unpaid.

Perhaps you could even mark it as paid, mailed.

That will force seller to plan B. Smiley LOL

image host
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I had a buyer from the U.S.A who could not pay for an item last week. I rang ebay CS and they advised that the phone app is not always reliable and the buyer should try paying, using their home computer.  That didnt work and I ended up cancelling the sale as we where both getting a bit frustrated. ( the buyer requested the cancellation ) .

If the seller has relisted the item, has he cancelled the sale ? If so, that might prevent you from paying. I had a seller last week who cancelled an item I purchased as he was out of stock. ( supposedly....... it went very cheap..... ) I still got the payment reminders, even though the item was cancelled. If the seller uses ebays auto ''unpaid item '' function and there is a glitch in the system, I suspect the dispute could automatically open, even though the item was cancelled.

Yes I know it shoudnt work that way, but I shouldnt have been getting payment reminders, days after my purchase was cancelled by the seller either.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply