Item Relisted

OK I won an auctioned item but the seller has relisted the item and it has bids on it up in the $300 mark, before I had a chance to pay for it lol it hadn't even been 24hrs since sale,but for some reason the seller must have thought because payment wasn't made immediately then they had the right to relist.

When I tried to pay for it is when I realized what was going on as I was stopped from paying for it.

I am still being asked to pay for it but it won't let me,

On top of everything I have also received an UI and I still can't make the payment.

Is this another glitch in the system or is the seller somehow blocking my payment because the item has got a way higher bid amount on it so the seller isn't to fussed about it.

I'm worried that I'll receive a strike for non payment,

I've contacted eBay,they said to work it out with the seller,so I have asked the seller to close the case as I can't pay for item for some reason and mentioned that it may be due to them relisting far to early and not giving enough time for me to pay for it lol.

I was actually sleeping as you do during the night so it wasn't possible for me to pay for it then.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Item Relisted

Just received an unpaid item strike for my troubles. Woman Sad

Argued that I tried to pay on many occasions but no luck.

So I'm glad that eBay are looking after their sellers now lol.

Honest buyers and sellers get shafted but the scammers keep on scamming.,keep up the good work eBay.

I'm out of here for good this time,if I'm going to be ripped off as a seller and now as a buyer well I'm done. Woman Frustrated

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

The only legitimate reason (as in, not caused by a glitch) that stops someone from being able to pay is when there is no postage quote, which the seller can only resolve by sending an invoice with a postage quote (not saying this happened here, but I know a few buyers purchase OS items without shipping quotes, because the seller doesn't realise that simply not having international postage options doesn't stop international buyers from purchasing. In most cases, the seller did the same as yours - ignored the buyer, attempts to pay, requests for invoices etc, and let the UPI process go through, as it protects them from negs, as well).

Buyers used to be able to pay for cancelled items, as I've had a few do that in the past, either accidentally or on purpose. eBay may have changed that - I'm not sure - as I know a few had complained about accidentally paying for cancelled items. However, if the seller had cancelled the transaction, you would have been sent an email, and there would have been a note on the item in your purchase history (a cancelled item can't be sent to UPI via manual processes, automated glitches notwithstanding as chameleon suggested above, I haven't heard of any before, but nothing's impossible). 

If the seller is in the US, UPIs can be opened 48 hours after the sale. 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

My customer from the U.S tried to pay on multiple occasions over several days. The item was listed with a standard postage cost world wide so it should not have been a problem. I sent him an invoice with the postage cost, but he was still unable to pay. Ebay CS confirmed all of my system was working and should have been able to accept payment. The buyer had over 1000 feedbacks and knew what they where doing. There was obviously a glitch in the system somewhere, preventing him from paying..

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I probably worded that first line badly - at the time, I couldn't think of the best word to apply to the postage issue (or lack thereof) being a known, logical reason, while everything else would be tech issues and glitches, so I chose "legitimate" and tried to clarify in the brackets, which probably made it sound like I was saying I think that's the only reason payment wouldn't work (which isn't the case, as I know there are a lot of tech issue with the cart and payments system right now).  

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply