Item locations..........yes, again.!

Hi all, ordered an item that was listed as located in Aust, coming from a Sydney suburb.  After making payment, I get a tracking notification from an international carrier, and tracked the item as just being sent from China. I dont mind buying from China if I am aware upfront that it is located there, but I really dislike total lies. The estimated time of delivery was to be next Monday, so I though ok, that's about right for an item coming from Sydney to my location, so went ahead and purchased. Then you get the bad news once the money has changed hands. The delivery date now, has been pushed out to the end of next week, so drop shipping is the method by the look of it. We required the item for a present early in the week, so that wont be happening, and I will be going for at least a part refund for our troubles. Wont even bother reporting it to Ebay, it seems to be an allowed thing these days, look after the big commission sellers and the rest of us can please ourselves.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What you can do is ask the seller before purchasing if it looks like a shonky Chinese seller.

"Sir, Is the item located in Australia or China ?"

Then if it comes from China whilst stated Aus, a big fat neg and lowest for stars in communication and post time.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, good idea too. It did look like an aussie seller because of the estimated delivery time on the listing. Some Chinese sellers have  stock holdings  here, or at least very quick drop shipping, which I dont mind as long as the delivery time is within what is promised before they get your money. For the situation to change after that fact, is nothing but deception and an attempt to trap the consumer.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Just a quick question-how do you mean the estimated delivery date has been pushed out?

Once a sale has gone through on ebay, I didn't think the estimated delivery date on that particular sale could change.

The estimated date on other items the seller has for sale can be changed, but I didn't think a completed listing changed.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hi, it still says Monday next on the order, but the seller has admitted there is no way it will be here then, more likely later in the week as it has just left China, not Regents Park Aust as stated in the listing.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Don't forget to tick NO when you get the question asking if it arrived by X date when you leave the appropriate feedback. That will give them a postage defect. EBay doesn't like it if you get too many of them. Although, given the Chinese are teflon coated, they probably aren't affected by them at all.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice, yes, I am considering cancelling the order to be honest, they can either catch it midstream or pay for the return postage when it eventually shows up. I am tired of these lying sellers who flaunt the rules to suit themselves. See how they like MY rules when it fits on the other foot.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah, it gives me the shifts too. As a seller I pride myself on honesty and great service. It's wonkers like that, that make the rest of us look bad. If I ever have an unhappy buyer (very rare), I get really upset. I know the kind of service I want when I buy, I like my buyers to have that too. What I would expect. If that doesn't happen, I take it personally. I know we can't please everyone, but the few unhappy ones I've had, it's been genuine.

I could never do what these deceptive sellers do. I have a conscience for a start. No way it would let me do that.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The 14th shows it was in Hong Kong, so no way it will be with me, Central West NSW, this Monday,    I am giving it until Wednesday at the latest, then I will be cancelling the order. Someone needs to take a stand on this fruadulent activity.  These Chinese sellers, by lying, are doing local sellers out of business. I mean, I thought I was dealing with a local seller, with the delivery timeframe on the listing. Only after they have payment do they let on that they are in fact China, not Aust. Tough luck for them this time.  Item  was $133 so if they want it returned by my Aust Post, back to China, it will cost them probably half of that.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply