Item not as described

I purchased an item for 1/3 of its true value so wow I got a bargain or so I thought.

Until I opened it up and saw that it was damaged.

Contacted seller immediately explaining to them the situation and what can be done about it.

I returned it for a refund but then the seller has now claimed that I returned a different item but that is 100% not true.

The seller never mentioned any damage in the listing what so ever so naturally I thought it was perfect.

The damage was on the other side of the item which the seller never showed in the photos.

So now the seller is refusing to refund me and sending the same item back to me lol.

Can I do anything to get my refund back as I don't want a damaged item.

I haven't been in this situation before so not sure what to do when I receive the same item,I can't keep paying for postage to keep returning it back to the seller.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item not as described

Don't think that's allowed for INAD under ebay MBG......a return of a return.

A replacement maybe, but not the same item.

If you opened a formal case then ask ebay to step in and tell them what

the seller is doing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item not as described

Oh eezie, should have done a formal refund in eBay.

Wasn't a computer graphics card was it ? Smiley Wink

As we saw recently eBay saw in favour of buyer when seller claiming different item returned.

In an eBay INAD seller will need to send you a postage label if they want it back.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Item not as described

I did a formal refund claim the seller accepted it but is now saying that I sent a different item back and is sending it back to me.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Item not as described

Don't think that's allowed for INAD under ebay MBG......a return of a return.

A replacement maybe, but not the same item.

If you opened a formal case then ask ebay to step in and tell them what

the seller is doing.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Item not as described

Thanks stawka I told the seller if I end up getting the same item back from then I'll have no choice but to let eBay know what happened by asking eBay to have a look at the messages between us as it clearly shows what the seller is going to do and lol I have received a refund Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Item not as described

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Thanks stawka I told the seller if I end up getting the same item back from then I'll have no choice but to let eBay know what happened by asking eBay to have a look at the messages between us as it clearly shows what the seller is going to do and lol I have received a refund Woman Very Happy

Glad to hear you were refunded.

There is nothing that makes me madder than to receive an item and it has faults that were not mentioned & not shown in an ad.

Hasn't happened to me in a long time but these days if it did, I would be like you, following through.

What is this seller trying to claim, that you damaged it or something?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Item not as described

Not that I damaged it but that I sent back a different item that had the faults which the seller thinks I did.

The item comes in a case and the seller never looked it over before listing and then posting it.

I couldn't have done anything to it so quickly anyway as the damage happens to it over time if it's not looked after properly.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply