Just curious

Why do sellers publish photos of items that they are selling when they are so blurry that you can't tell anything from them , as a buyer I have seen many photos that in reality because of their poor quality tell me nothing about the item being advertised, so why do sellers publish such poor photos? 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Just curious

cq_tech
Community Member
'Cos they have a rubbish camera? Who knows, but it makes me think they're not too serious about selling their item for the best possible price.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

me too, I've bought a few things on here and now if the item is not clear I just don't bother anymore and move on to the next one

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

We have had new photo requirements recently and a lot of sellers found themselves having to quickly fix pictures by enlarging them before the requirements came into effect leaving them with no time to take new pictures. This would reduce quality in some cases.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

j*oono
Community Member

One of the best items I have bought was when the seller used a really bleary photo.  I kind of took my chances.

What I don't like is sellers that use stock photos for used items. New items it's fine.

Joono
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

I didn't think that stock images could be used with s/h items, but if they can, then eBay need to change the rules because it's very misleading.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

Stock photos can't be used for the main photo at least, for second hand items. Which is good, because you want to see the actual item you are buying.

It isn't that hard to take a clear photo with a digital camera, mobile (don't need to be expensive ones)  or ipad/tablet. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

What annoys me even more than that is when sellers upload photos that are up-side-down or taken at the wierdest angle the seller could think of. I saw one listing the other week that had 12 photos, they were all shot at different wierd angles with a fisheye lens & were all out of focus. I ckecked the sellers other items (about 9), they were all photographed the same way, & all the listings had been relisted for a second week without bids. It's no wonder because you couldn't clearly see what the items actually looked like.  

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

I too took a punt on bidding for an item where the photo was blurry and the item looked grubby.  The 'description' was just a few words that weren't helpful.  I figured if the item was dirty I could wash it. I was the only bidder so I got it at a bargain price, and best of all it was perfect.  It usually sold for double what I'd paid. I couldn't believe my luck.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just curious

I have no idea just how much money I have made by putting low snipe bids on 99c start items with carp photos and no description to speak of but it must be quite a lot plus the only clothes I ever buy for myself are sourced in a similar way.

I am not looking forward to dealing with the pics for my dormant listings that may be below par, I have avoided even looking as it was unclear if I would be able to travel back to Aus in November and re open my store but now I have been gtiven the all clear and the flights are booked I suppose I had better go look see how many need attention, hopefully not too many.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply