Leaving feedback after dispute

Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask some advice on dealing with a seller and leaving feedback.

The back story is I do have some vision problems and I tend to rely a lot on verbal descriptions left by sellers.  I recently bought three dresses, if you can see my purchases they are orange, brown and purple sold by one seller.  Two were described as being in an as new condition and only worn once while the other one was described as being in a very good condition. 

When the parcel arrived at my workplace address I opened the parcel in front of a two work colleagues.  Both commented on the staining that was visible even to me upon looking at the dresses in person and then when I showed them the listings said they could see the staining, that with my vision difficulties had thought were shadows, in the original listing photos. One of the dresses was also described in the listing with an incorrect brand name.  That dress also seemed to have mould like crusted stains on it.

I contacted the seller saying I was a bit disappointed, politely described each dress with the damage as I wanted to talk about returning the dresses even though it meant I’d be out about $12 for the return postage, which I accepted.  This was within 1.5hours of Australia Post saying they had delivered the parcel to my building. I received an answer from the seller telling me I was offensive, not to ever contact them again and that I was abhorrent.  When I replied again and attached the photo she uploaded with the damage visible and mentioned the brand name difference  the seller replied that the dresses were sent in pristine condition and that I must have damaged them and she wanted them back to see how much damage I had done before she would consider if any refund was given.  She stated that the brand name she gave was for a website that she got a different brand name dress on and that it was okay to give the website as the brand name on ebay instead of the brand name on the article of clothing itself. 

I at first lodged a dispute with paypal which I upgraded to a claim as I don’t want to be out the return postage and registered post fee along with the money I paid.  From my understanding if they decide in my favour I will have the money I paid reimbursed to me once I provide proof of return postage and I advised the seller that I have lodged the claim so they could participate in the claim process however I’ve since received messages telling me to seek professional help, that I am a disgrace and a con artist, that my behaviour is disgusting,  I obviously don’t have any intelligence and need to get a grown up to explain things to me, that I am blackmailing her and so on.  I’ve also been told to return the dresses to an address in a different state from the one ebay says they were sent from.

Paypal is now reviewing the case as the seller has not participated in the claim.  If I do get my money refunded I was going to leave neutral feedback because the situation is resolved but should I be giving negative feedback due to the incorrect listing of clothing that is badly stained as being in as new condition and for the nasty emails? Should I be reporting the emails or not? I want to do the right thing, I’ve tried to do the right thing by getting her involved with the claims process, being willing to pay the cost of return postage but some of the emails she has sent me have me rather shaken with the sheer nastiness.    

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cq_tech
Community Member
I'm very sorry you were treated so disgustingly by your seller and I don't even have to think twice before telling you that had the same thing happened to me, she would be receiving a big red negative and I would also be scoring all her DSRs at 1. She clearly has no concept of customer service and the sooner sellers like these are booted off eBay, the better.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

cq_tech
Community Member
I'm very sorry you were treated so disgustingly by your seller and I don't even have to think twice before telling you that had the same thing happened to me, she would be receiving a big red negative and I would also be scoring all her DSRs at 1. She clearly has no concept of customer service and the sooner sellers like these are booted off eBay, the better.
Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

If PayPal decide the claim in your favour, you will be required to pay for the return postage (and supply the proof of postage) but they can only refund the the original payment (in full), so they don't reimburse for the return postage. Also, once a dispute has been escalated to a claim, no one can participate (i.e. the only time buyer or seller can communicate and/or provide evidence to support their claim is when the dispute is open but not escalated to a claim, escalating means PayPal take over and decide based on the evidence that has been provided). 

Regarding everything else, others may disagree, but for me personally a seller should provide a full and accurate description of goods, including any flaws, both visually and verbally (meaning it should be clear to anyone who looks at the photos and/or reads the description, what they condition of the items are). And it's not ok to use a different brand name to describe an item, no matter where it was bought from. eBay have even clarified this in their policies, and don't allow a seller use parent companies in titles or descriptions (a good example is Veronika Maine, which is a division of Cue. You can use Veronika Maine in the title / description, but not Cue - there are some exceptions, like if the tag says XXXX brand by XXXX company). 

Feedback, however, is entirely up to you. I would take into consideration how the issue had to be resolved when deciding on the feedback to leave, though, and I definitely wouldn't appreciate emails the nature of which you have described.

Just for future reference, after November 1st, you will have the option to dispute transactions like this via eBay instead, and if a case is found in your favour, the return postage will be the responsibility of the seller.

Edited to add: Don't mention the dispute in your feedback, as it can be grounds for removal. If you want to refer to it, you can say something like "would not voluntarily resolve". 

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

Thank you cq Tech and Digital Ghost for your comments and advice.

I am quite okay with paying the cost of return postage but was rather alarmed at her responses to me.  Along with the instructions to return to an address which is in a different state from the ebay listers stated location.

I must have been a bit confused about the claim process with the dispute.  I can see at paypal that they sent an email to the seller and it was listed as awaiting her input for a few days before it went to paypal deciding so I've probably worded it wrong.

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

Agree 100%.

OP please... & I do mean PLEASE... report this sellers conduct to eBay, if not for yourself then for the rest of us. If you can, forward the emails to eBay also.

It's sellers like this that ruin eBay for everyone, buyers & sellers alike. As a seller I am disgusted by their behaviour, it is completely unacceptable. I feel terrible for you, that you were ever subjected to it. 

Just... grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

The seller clearly states in their listing that the dresses have no stains or rips. It looks like they intended to defraud whoever purchased them. NEG the hell out of em and get your money back from Paypal.

Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

Oh my goodness you poor thing. That is disgusting behaviour by this Seller.

It bewilders me that basic customer service can be so foreign to so many Sellers.

Firstly I would not post back to any address other than the registered paypal address.

Secondly feedback is up to how you feel at the conclusion of all this however if ever anyone deserved a red dot!

Thirdly, it is NEVER ok for clothing items to arrive dirty or stained. 

Lastly, there are many wonderful Sellers of clothing on ebay, for whom Customer care ,service & satisfaction is paramount. Many of whom post regularly on these forums, please dont let this one rogue Seller put you off.

Best wishes for your future purchases.

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

Some particularly dodgy sellers will ask a buyer to return their faulty items to a completely different and non-existent address then claim that they were never received, thereby eliminating their need to refund the buyer, which is precisely the reason that you should only ever return faulty items to the address supplied to you by Paypal.

In addition, as digital*ghost quite correctly points out, be very careful not to mention that it was necessary to involve Paypal in order to arbitrate in the dispute, as that can indeed be grounds for removal of any feedback you may leave.
Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

@northwestnsw wrote:

The seller clearly states in their listing that the dresses have no stains or rips. It looks like they intended to defraud whoever purchased them. NEG the hell out of em and get your money back from Paypal.

Here are 3 beautiful girls dresses, hardly worn at all, 1 is a purple pleated Polyester hand washed garment, with a a tie ribbon at the back.
The next one is green with a black netting over the top worn once in brand new condition with a black tie netting at the back and the 3rd one is a summer Mango branded dress with lace at the bottom of the dress looks divine beautiful with leggings. These resses have no stains or rips all like new condition absolutely beautiful.
Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

I realize it's probably in bad taste to make light of this situation in any way, but... I can't help it...

I truly hope this seller is 'defrocked' by eBay. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply