Length of time a seller has been on eBay - how many eBay shops a single seller has opened and closed

The feedback system is meant to a good way of guaging whether you the buyer, are likely to get what has been advertised in the time specified and treated respectfully. This is a great system.

However, I am finding more and more that there are sellers who are not playong ball to try and beat the feedback system. They start up a selling site, but if their ratings drop too much, they simply close up shop and start another. I had one actually ask me to remove my negative feedback which was well deserved (I don't give negative feedback unless it is absolutely neccessary), because otherwise, they fully admitted, they would have to close and start another. My reply was that the ratings are a direct result how the customer perceives their purchases and buying experience - ie. be a good seller and your ratings will reflect it.

Is there anyway to tell how many eBay shops a single eBay user has opened and closed? This would also be useful when reviewing a seller's feedback.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Length of time a seller has been on eBay - how many eBay shops a single seller has opened and closed

One per ID.

The feedback is on the ID, not the store, so opening a new store will entail opening a new 0 feedback ID. Name changes do not affect the feedback either

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You've left 2 negs in 12 months for Chinese sellers selling carp.

I doubt very much that your single negative impacted on their other hundreds of negs

The answer is simple - Stop buying from Chinese sellers if you want a quality item

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply