No contact from seller on soon to end sale item

Hi all, I'm watching a "Buy Now"'  item that only has 2 houts to run.  I have sent questions to the seller twice now without any reply. I'm considering "Buying" & again contacting the seller saying I will pay when he responds to my questions satisfactorily.  

What are peoples thoughts on this please.  I have to go out in 45 minuters so need to know what to do.

Many thanks, Steve

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Personally I would'nt, unless you are prepared to run the gauntlet of a possible UPI strike against you should you not like the answer to your question.

Smiley Wink 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Snoopy, did you give the seller a reasonable amount of time to answer your questions ( like a couple of days ? ) or did you just send off a text message from your phone two hours ago ?  Sellers have lives besides ebay and are not always on their computers all weekend. Some even go away occasionally. ( so I,ve been told ) . I dont carry a mobile phone, ( yes its true, theres still some of us who dont give a #@%&  about being connected 24 / 7 ) but if I did, I wouldnt check it every time ebay chinged at me. If you gave the seller a reasonable amount of time to answer your questions and they havnt taken the time to do so, you my be best to move on and buy from some-one else. If you have only sent the messages in the last 24 hours on a weekend you are probably being a bit unrealistic ( and unreasonable )  in definately expecting an answer.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

4green, snoopy asked the question 14 hours before the listing was due to end, he hasn't got upset about anything just came here to ask advice.

No need to be blunt, as it turned out it was for a PUI so all is well now.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Personally I would'nt, unless you are prepared to run the gauntlet of a possible UPI strike against you should you not like the answer to your question.

Smiley Wink 

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

It will probably be relisted so wait until you get a satisfactory reply.

Sellers are charged fees when you click BIN so if you don't complete the transaction, they will probably issue a strike that stays on your account for 12 months to get the fee back.

image host
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Snoopy, did you give the seller a reasonable amount of time to answer your questions ( like a couple of days ? ) or did you just send off a text message from your phone two hours ago ?  Sellers have lives besides ebay and are not always on their computers all weekend. Some even go away occasionally. ( so I,ve been told ) . I dont carry a mobile phone, ( yes its true, theres still some of us who dont give a #@%&  about being connected 24 / 7 ) but if I did, I wouldnt check it every time ebay chinged at me. If you gave the seller a reasonable amount of time to answer your questions and they havnt taken the time to do so, you my be best to move on and buy from some-one else. If you have only sent the messages in the last 24 hours on a weekend you are probably being a bit unrealistic ( and unreasonable )  in definately expecting an answer.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

When did you send the messages?

Not everyone has a phone access to ebay. I have a mobile but an old one, so I work on a proper computer.

I look at my emails and at my fav sites every day but if you sent me a Facebook message, for example, I wouldn't see it until I logged on, which may not be for a few hours or the next day.

If I sold things on ebay, I would say you would probably get a reply from me within 24 hours, but same day reply would not be a given.

If you push the buy it now button on an item, it is not up to you to then start dictating terms about how and when and under what conditions you will pay, who do you think you are? I know that sounds rude, but it is the bare, cold fact. 

If you push buy it now, you are agreeing to buy it, no questions asked. No ifs, no buts.

If you're not happy with that, don't push the button, don't buy.

The seller may re list similar items, as someone else mentioned. If you message the seller and get no reply within 48 hours and you really aren't happy committing to purchase without a reply, then do not buy. I would be wary of any established seller who did not reply within 48 hours. If you have only given them 2 hours, well, too bad. Your need for speed is not their emergency.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

@snoopy_2441 wrote:

Hi all, I'm watching a "Buy Now"'  item that only has 2 houts to run.  I have sent questions to the seller twice now without any reply. I'm considering "Buying" & again contacting the seller saying I will pay when he responds to my questions satisfactorily.  

What are peoples thoughts on this please.  I have to go out in 45 minuters so need to know what to do.

Many thanks, Steve

Sorry Steve, that would be a wrong thing to do.    If you buy, you are committed to pay.

I notice on the seller's boards that some sellers are having difficulty with their messages to buyers, maybe your seller is one of them?

In the meantime, as said above,  wait for the seller to respond, or buy elsewhere.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

With eBay glitches, there's also problems with eBay messages - the seller might not be getting the messages.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Flip, I selected   "Buy" because I really want the item, as long as my simple queries are answered.  I have an impeccable record with e-bay & don't want to endanger that, as you are suggestring I may have done?   I have every intention of paying but want contact before I part with the hard earned.     Thanks 

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Hi & thanks for the reply.  I sent a message 14 hrs before end of sale & another 11 hrs. before the end.  I hear what you say about people not being contactable but I would expect as a sale comes close to a close sellers would be looking out for questions, bids etc.  I know I certainly would.   Surely it is reasonable that prospective purchasers would have an expectation of queries beimng answered as a sale draws to a close. I think it's in the sellers best interest as well?

I have certainly considered that the seller may be away as you say, I also have considered the possibility of something having happened to them, or perhaps the item has been sold elsewhere?.

I have an impeccable record with e-bay & want that to continue. I have no intention of not paying, I just wanted a coupl;e of queries answered before the end of the sale, now I want those same queries answered before I pay... I think that is reasonable?

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Hi & thanks for the reply.  I agree with everything you say, but I wI probably shouldn't have, but ould think that as the sale gets close to an end a seller would be looking for bids, queries etc. I hit the "Buy" button because I want the item rather than losing it & in the expectation my queries will be answered in a reasonable timeframe.  Agreed I probably shouldn't have but as I say I do want the item. In "normal" circumstances I think 14 hours before a sale end is a reasonable time to expect to get a response?  Maybe I'm wrong?    Anyway I hope nothing untoward has happened to the seller & I expect a positive outcome for both parties.

Cheers, Steve

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply