'No events currently found' result on AP tracking # entry.

I have a package coming from Venuzuela, and a tracking number that was working for a while on the Australia Post website, coming up as lodged and dispatched. Now I'm getting a 'no events currently found' message when I enter the number. Any idea what this means?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

In my experience you aren't given an update after an item leaves a country.

TCT
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

All Australia Post tracking information regarding any parcel disappears from public view on their website after a particular time period has elapsed. (not sure exactly think it is around 45 - 60 days)

AP staff can still view tracking events in their system, so you might be best to ring them to see where the parcel is up to.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks cats, will do right away.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Hi Terry,

I'll save you a phone call ๐Ÿ™‚ What's the number?

Alice

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Well. According to AP, the parcel was sent express in December, and never arrived in the country. As the tracking number showed it as having been dispatched and in transit, and the seller quoted up to 60 days delivery I assumed it was coming surface mail and let the 45 day deadline slide for claiming a Paypal refund. No reply from the seller yet. Looks like I'm out $95, or rather my daughter is, as I bought it on her behalf.

*sigh*

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Terry, did you try putting the tracking # into the Venezuela (or equivalent) website? There's a website I use that seems to be able to find the tracking into to any country. The website is: http://www.packagetrackr.com/. Give it a try. I recently sold an item from Canada and the tracking info was there right until it was received/signed for and then it disappeared. So, if the parcel is (by chance) still in delivery, it may show up there.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

It comes up as 'tracking information expired'. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'll wait for a response from the seller, but I think I may have done my dough for only the second time in 8 years of buying.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Hi Alice (australiapoststore)

I don't understand AP Tracking information.

I received an email from VistaPrint on Friday 22nd Feb to say my item has been shipped

Tracking number

99700160LHN037130401152502151

On Friday the number showed no activity

This morning the item was delivered to my address in North Parramatta NSW but the tracking still showed nothing

This afternoon it shows:

25/02/13 13:40 Shipment information approved SUNSHINE WEST VIC

I don't see the point of having tracking when it doesn't show anything until the item has been delivered and even then it doesn't mean anything. 

Of course receiving the item is more important than receiving the tracking updates so I praise and thank Australia Post for prompt delivery, but if there had been an issue the lack of tracking information would have concerned me and had me doubting my supplier.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Hi Austeam,

Thanks for letting me know about that one. There may have been a glitch with VistaPrint's systems on Friday as all my records show the label only being manifested today and the manifest being lodged this afternoon. Have you double checked that the eParcel number on the parcel you got this morning is actually the one they quoted?

I'm glad to hear that it has arrived safely though. 

Alice

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply