No paypal option on listing for paypal ???

Just made a purchase of an item that is quite pricey and went to pay and there is no option for paypal..Is this right? I thought paypal as a payment method was compulsory on all listings..

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Sorry that was meant to be No payment option lol

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Paypal is not compulsory, only that a 'safe' payment method is offered. It can be PP, PayMate or merchant CC facilities

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

The answers will be the same here as they are in the Answer Center where you have posted the same question.

If the seller has offered paymate or Credit Card as payment options then they do not have to offer paypal.

Look at the payment options on the listing to see this.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks for that. Suppose it just surprised me that in all my years of buying I have never come accross a listing with no paypal. Not really sure what to do as don't know how safe it is to hand over $500 with no backup such as paypal

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

paymate still has buyer protection but there is a fee if you need to dipsute the transaction.

Do they offer credit card?

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

It looks as the bidding was private and so we cannot look at the listing.  If you give us the item title, we can check it out and see how safe it is.  Just copy and paste the exact title from the listing.

As already said; the seller must offer some safe payment method, direct deposit is NOT one of them, do not just give $500 to a stranger.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

They offer merchant credit card but I never give out my credit card details online. I also do not want to sign up for a paymate account..This is a real pain!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Looks like you will be up for a NPB strike then. The time to decide what payment methods YOU are prepared to use is prior to purchase.

The seller offers an acceptable safe payment method. If you choose not to use that method, that is your issue, not the seller's.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply