Parcel locker delivery question

Hi folks, 

Wondering, anyone using parcel locker to collect ebay purchases and when collecting the packages getting 2 tracking numbers on the parcels? Tracking numbers, the one affixed at PO when parcels accepted and the second one when arrive to local PO affixed parcel collction sticker with a barcode before send to parcel locker (sample parcel pic attached)

cheers

khulu74

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@khulu74 wrote:

Yes the affixed second tracking num. is showing on the auspost tracking page. This Tracking numb. Automatically comes on my auspost app tracking page (and a sms & email when delivered to parcel locker) but the sender/seller doesnt know when affixed on the parcel without linking with the first one.

How odd Smiley Frustrated (that Aus Post would do that, I mean). It doesn't seem necessary at all, and the few times I've sent packages to parcel lockers, the original tracking number worked all the way through to delivery.

Admittedly it's been a little while since I sent one, and they were all shipping labels generated online, so I can only guess at why this may be occurring, and none of my guesses would hold up to rational or logical scrutiny (not that everything AP does is actually rational or logical Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL ). eg Maybe the parcel locker scanning systems don't recognise a label generated over the counter, which is a guess based on the fact the the parcel in your image shows a label with a QR code but not a barcode, while the labels I generate online have both, but that doesn't explain why the original gets an 'awaiting collection' status, since that would indicate it was scanned into the system at the collection point, surely....  Plus, if any of your previous packages also had both barcode and QR code on the original label, that theory is shot. It's - at the very least - disappointing that the system appears completely independent, as that could have some legit concerns for sellers).

Have the staff at the collection points offered any explanation? 

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I don't think the second one is a tracking number, it is just a barcode product identifier. Presumably whoever does the final sorting or delivery to the actual locker scans that barcode to confirm delivery or whatever.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply, the problem here is the Auspost staff doesnt scan the original tracking number (and link with the second one) after the second barcode affixed on the parcels, As a result of this the sellers are not able to track the packages to the end (they can only see the first tracking number's last scan which is in big sortation facility like chullora sydney)

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

There has to be some way of linking the two numbers.  If you wait a while I can ask someone who actually delivers to Parcel Lockers.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Excellent thanks again
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Sorry but that was a dead end I'm afraid.

My OH is a StarTrack driver who delivers to the Sydney CBD.  All he is given is the original tracking number from when the item is scanned into the system.

The Parcel Lockers are inside one of the large POs in the CBD.  The PO staff will not sign for the parcel so he has to do a Safe Drop delivery which involves photographing the item where he is going to leave it and then hand it to the PO staff who put it in the Locker.

Remember, these are the staff members who will not sign for the parcel in the first place.  lol

I have to say, I would not be happy using the system....too many things can go wrong.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

100% correct lyndal that too many things can go wrong.

This was one of my issues of many when I got the boot lol.

I posted an expensive item to a parcel locker with tracking and the buyer said they never received it.

Hello defect and goodbye item and my money.

I would think 2wice before posting to a locker.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Thankfully parcel lockers are only available in cities. I think there are more non city buyers than city. I think I've only ever posted to 1 parcel locker and that was bleams ago. I don't recall checking the tracking number to see what it said. That was before I was a member of My Post and got notified via the AP app saying something had been delivered. I wasn't in the habit of checking tracking numbers unless a buyer made a query.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

...........and that was bleams ago.

Huh?..................................

"beam me up Scotty"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Bleam, not beam you nong! It has an L in it. Bleam is a standard unit of time, like sh*tload is a standard unit of measurement.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply