Parcel locker delivery question

Hi folks, 

Wondering, anyone using parcel locker to collect ebay purchases and when collecting the packages getting 2 tracking numbers on the parcels? Tracking numbers, the one affixed at PO when parcels accepted and the second one when arrive to local PO affixed parcel collction sticker with a barcode before send to parcel locker (sample parcel pic attached)

cheers

khulu74

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

OH, ok then Tippy.

"scratches head in wonderment....................."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Think I must still be pixillated

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

@khulu74 wrote:

Hi folks, 

Wondering, anyone using parcel locker to collect ebay purchases and when collecting the packages getting 2 tracking numbers on the parcels? Tracking numbers, the one affixed at PO when parcels accepted and the second one when arrive to local PO affixed parcel collction sticker with a barcode before send to parcel locker (sample parcel pic attached)

cheers

khulu74

Does the second barcode number give any results on AP's tracking website?

If not, I'm guessing it would have to be an internal reference system, which could have a variety of uses (eg barcode in place of signature, confirms receipt by specific outlet via unique number which can be verified by that outlet having the paperwork for that number or what have you, photograph by deliverer including the ref. number proves driver left it with designated outlet). Just a theory, anyway, and would be an unnecessarily convoluted system if there's any basis to it. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Is that like the 'bleads' in The Cannonball Run'?

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

I think 10 bleads = 1 bleam 😄

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

So rather than shoving 10 bleads up your nose, I can just stuff one bleam?

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Yes the affixed second tracking num. is showing on the auspost tracking page. This Tracking numb. Automatically comes on my auspost app tracking page (and a sms & email when delivered to parcel locker) but the sender/seller doesnt know when affixed on the parcel without linking with the first one. The senders always ask me if i got the item or not as the first tracking number shows only the last scan location as somewhere in sortation facility at sydney. Other than this linking problem i find the auspost parcel locker system very reliable and safe, easy to collect and send parcels after business hours. (Recently i have collected a big package from our local PO at St Marys, addressed to our parcel locker address as always i got second tracking number in my auspost app and an email but this time i had to collect the parcel from PO as it was big for parcel locker, anyway again without linkng these 2 tracking numbers, even i collected it from post office over the counter, the original one is still showing awaiting collection and the second one delivered) picture attached 

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

You could try, but I don't think you'd fit a unit of time up my nose. Oh....wait......

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

I suspect the second sticker is affixed to the parcel after it is delivered to the local PO.....there has never been one on the items my OH delivers to Parcel Lockers.

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply