PayPal Addresses

So it seems that your eBay address overrides your PayPal address not the other way around

I just purchased something on another ID and used the same PayPal account as this one, so my new address should have come up in the PayPal receipt right? Wrong.. The address I saw in my PayPal receipt was the address I lived at when I made this account..

I  didn't even think about changing the address in eBay as I hadn't used the other ID to buy anything in a while and I just assumed that the seller automatically got your PayPal address

I changed the default address in PayPal to my new address but for some reason it defaulted back to my old address.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal Addresses

In ebay, under account and addresses, have a look at your primary postal address.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

I think it actually works that way on all sites, i.e. address and postage information is pulled from the individual site's account details, not PayPal (if entered, and most sites that have a purchase facility require accounts, either that or the entering of a residential and postal address before being taken to the payment gateway).

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

I just said in the OP that the address in eBay for my other ID was my old address but PayPal had my new address

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

So It's incorrect when people say that the seller only gets your PayPal address? Because that's not what happened to me

From some of the advice given on the boards I was under the impression that the seller only got your PayPal registered address..

The old one was still in PayPal, but the default address was my registration address which I changed after moving

The primary postage address in my other account was my old address, but as I said I didn't even think of changing it as I assumed that your PayPal address is what the sellers got

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

This is why I often compare the eBay address to the PP address, just to see if there are any discrepancies before posting.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

So It's incorrect when people say that the seller only gets your PayPal address? 

Yes (in that it's incorrect). When you go through checkout, the default delivery address is displayed before you even choose the payment method and (if selected) log into PayPal, and that data comes from eBay. It doesn't change unless you do so during checkout, I'm afraid. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

Wah I wish I had checked.. I didn't bother as I thought that my PayPal address had been used..

Oh well, luckily what I bought was only about an hour ago so I have sent a message to the seller.

It's weird the advice given about disputes etc when it is thought that sellers have to send to the registered PayPal address to qualify for seller protection; and the address is actually coming from eBay.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

I'd say by 'PayPal address', what's generally meant is send to the address supplied on the PayPal payment notification, which will be whatever was entered during checkout (I suppose it's just been shortened to 'PayPal address' for the sake of ease, but I can definitely see how it confuses the issue. Sellers don't actually receive the PayPal address, per se, nor can they check what it is).

That's advised because the address can be changed during checkout so will sometimes differ from the notification sellers get from eBay (usually, the seller will get a 'Your item sold' email with a name and address, which is always the primary address registered with eBay, then the payment notification with the postage address that was used during checkout).

I dare say, since it's Saturday, there's plenty of time to get it sorted out, though. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

PayPal Addresses

I sent her a message with my correct address..I have bought from her before so I'm sure it won't be a problem sending the stuff to the address in the message; It's not like I'm going to start a dispute for $5 LOL

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply