PayPal refund time?

I bought a DVD last month from a seller month from america and it hasn't arrived yet. I asked the seller for a refund, and they said they did it on friday and as of today the refund is still not showing in either my PayPal or in my eBay buying page. The seller claims it takes 1-2 business days to show the refund in ebay and PayPal. In past experience it usually shows in PayPal and eBay straight away and then takes a further 3-5 business days to go back to the original funding source. Is the seller trying to stall the refund past the cut off for me to lodge a PayPal dispute, which is on the 27th or does it really take as long as the seller says for the refund to show in my PayPal account as well as my eBay.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: PayPal refund time?

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

The seller may well be correct, however if you have had no notification of the refund by 25th open paypal dispute, just to cover yourself

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

A refund via paypal should show instantly - I suggest opening a paypal dispute asap.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

Agreed. Your refund should have shown instantly on your Paypal balance so your seller could well be pulling your leg.

Allowing for the weekend, I'd give it another 24 hours then lodge a dispute.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

if you funded your paypal payment thru your credit card, the refund goes directly to your c/card not yr paypal account and usually takes 3 or 4 days to be processed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply