Paypal: Cannot pay with load and go card.

I have a load and go card which has more than enough money on it to pay for an item. I also have funds in my paypal account.

When I try to pay for the item, PayPal says that my card has been refused by the issuer. The item is $85. 

There is not enough money in the card alone, or enough in the paypal balance alone. In order for me to pay for the item, the two need to be combined. When I try to pay, there is no PayPal balance option or anything. Only my prepaid card appears.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is clearly an issue with Paypal and they're the only ones who can fix it. You'll have to discuss the matter with them and I suggest you do so immediately.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm going to do a pic dump. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

These are what I get when I try to pay.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

As you can see, aussie post says that my card has $53 in it. I recently reloaded it today.

I've used it plenty of times to pay for items with PayPal before, but now it's doing this.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I'm not surprised that Paypal won't let you pay for an $80 item when you only have $53 credit on your card. Add some more credit and you should be OK. If your Paypal balance is not showing, ring Paypal and ask them why.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thing is, I have $34 in my paypal balance. Take a gander at pic related if you must Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

There is clearly an issue with Paypal and they're the only ones who can fix it. You'll have to discuss the matter with them and I suggest you do so immediately.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Hang on!

I've discovered what the problem is!

The money that was in my account was USD! I had to manually convert it to AUD in order for it to work! I did it, and now I can pay! My PayPal balance shows up in the payment and everything!

Thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply