Paypal dispute. What happens if the seller does not respond ?

I recenty opened a dispute for item recieved is not a s decribed. I have sent messages to the seller, but he has not sent any replys back. What happens if the seller does not respond at all to the dispute i opened?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Paypal dispute. What happens if the seller does not respond ?

I thought it was cause the system went into collapse cause I complimented Lyndal.
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:
I thought it was cause the system went into collapse cause I complimented Lyndal.

Smiley Surprised Wonders will never cease.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

WHy cant there be a blanket policy? If paypal finds in favour of the buyer then why shouldnt the seller have to pay return postage given that paypal themselves found the seller at fault then say the buyer MUST pay for return postage. Bit unfair on the buyer. The policy could also include a clause whereby the seller might not have to pay return postage for a damage item if buyer can then prove destruction/disposal of damage/broken item (if desired by the seller, why would a seller want a damaged/broken item back anyway). Misdescribed items should be return postage paid by seller. Just ideas to protect both the buyer AND the seller.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

There are laws in Australia about return of goods and reasonable costs of return being met by buyer, whether from B&M or internet.

IMO if more buyers were more discerning and responsible with making their internet purchases this would not be so much of an issue.

Many responsible sellers within Australia cover post costs for returns where there are faults or misleading descriptions.

There are inherent risks of purchasing on internet, without inspecting goods, buyer protection will never negate that risk of being out of pocket for return post if goods are not as described or faulty. When you bid or buy buyers should keep this at the forefront of their purchasing decision.
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

i was sold a fake poster from the us it was listed as an original well it turned out to be a photocopy paypal awarded me a refund if i return the item at my expence why should i be $30 out of pocket for being misled with an item description all cost associated should be awarded to the innocent buyer no wonder ebay has become a shadow of its former self all we can do is leave harsh feedback the poster is now used as a dart board its all its good for so at least check for negative feedback on buyers if i had i would not have been ripped of buy some greedy yank

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@8984christine wrote:

i was sold a fake poster from the us it was listed as an original well it turned out to be a photocopy paypal awarded me a refund if i return the item at my expence why should i be $30 out of pocket for being misled with an item description all cost associated should be awarded to the innocent buyer no wonder ebay has become a shadow of its former self all we can do is leave harsh feedback the poster is now used as a dart board its all its good for so at least check for negative feedback on buyers if i had i would not have been ripped of buy some greedy yank

If you purchase from overseas sellers the return costs are always going to be higher, without the consumer protection avenues that you would have if you purchased within Australia.

However, depending on the value of the goods and if they are purchased via the ebay.com.au site, and if the return costs are high compared to the items actual cost you can include in your claim (or appeal) not to have to return the goods on that basis - it may not be successful, however IMO always worth a shot. 

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply