Paypal no longer accept PO Box delivery addresses

I live in a rural area, and I am frequently absent from home for several days at a time.  I  use a  PO Box as a practical and secure way to hold my mail while I am away.

Recently my PO Box number changed, so I changed my eBay account address to reflect the new number. However when I went to Paypal to amend the address there, I found that Paypal no longer allows a PO Box as a primary delivery address. I can enter a PO Box as a 'gift address', but I am unsure of the implications of doing this.

If I put in my residential address as my primary address, and my PO Box as a gift address, will I have to remember to select the gift address each time I pay for an item, or is there some way I can have it default to the PO Box every time?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Your Paypal addresses have nothing to do with where an item will be sent when you purchase something through ebay. As long as you have your ebay primary delivery address selected as the one with the new PO box number that is the address that will appear in checkout and the only address the seller will see.

The reason Paypal will not allow a primary address to be a PO box is that it is used in part to authenticate your identity.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

as PJ said; it is not that they do not accept PO box as a delivery address, they do not accept it as the address you register with.  All you need to do is to select the PO box as your delivery address, and it will ask you if you want to keep it as a default. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I hope you're wrong, I've had a PO box registered with eBay since I began on it over 14 years ago.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

I post to PO boxes all the time and they have been PP approved... 

I suggest you put your home address in as the primary address and then add a secondary address that is your PO box one... then make the secondary address your delivery address. 

If you get a bit lost just call PP and ask one of the staff to walk you through.. I always find them helpful 

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I hope you're wrong, I've had a PO box registered with eBay since I began on it over 14 years ago.

I have also had my PO Box registered with both eBay and Paypal for many years, so at one time it was obviously OK. It still is OK with eBay.

It was only when I wanted to change the box number that was registered with Paypal that I got the message that a PO Box was not acceptable as a primary address. You can easily verify that I am not wrong.

FWIW, I went through the identity verification process some years ago.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Yes the seller must send to the address seen on the paypal payment for their protection.

So when you go to pay at the top left it will show the address the item is to be posted too.

If your PO BOX number is not showing there then you can click on change and then enter the address that you want the item posted too and that is the address that the seller should post too.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I have also had my PO Box registered with both eBay and Paypal for many years, so at one time it was obviously OK. It still is OK with eBay.

It was only when I wanted to change the box number that was registered with Paypal that I got the message that a PO Box was not acceptable as a primary address. You can easily verify that I am not wrong.

FWIW, I went through the identity verification process some years ago.

maybe you forgot that you also gave them your residential address at some point?  I would not remember what I gave them last year not to mention all those years ago when I first opened eBay & PP accounts.  🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

everyone has his PoBox registered with ebay and/or paypal..

My PoBox is actually registered by Australia post. regardless of my street address,(if that is on a parcel),  all my stuff goes to my PoBox.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Have you ever tried it,  first you won't understand the accent,   2nd  it'll take so long to  try and sort it out,   3 you'll hang up in frustration.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply