Paypal payments not being updated

I recently made an echeque payment through paypal. It was completed on 11th November yet today 17th November, Ebay still show the payment as being processed.  Paypal have confirmed this payment was completed on 11th November yet ebay cannot update this, what is going on? Not a happy ebayer as now the delivery will be delayed because of ebay.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the seller hasn't shipped out the item yet, it might be worthwhile sending them a quick message to confirm the payment status. Sellers will usually get an email from PayPal advising that an eCheque has cleared, so they may already know even though the icon on eBay hasn't changed, but if they process their orders via eBay's tools, they might not know and item probably hasn't moved to the 'awaiting shipment' section, but they can process the order manually, still. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the seller hasn't shipped out the item yet, it might be worthwhile sending them a quick message to confirm the payment status. Sellers will usually get an email from PayPal advising that an eCheque has cleared, so they may already know even though the icon on eBay hasn't changed, but if they process their orders via eBay's tools, they might not know and item probably hasn't moved to the 'awaiting shipment' section, but they can process the order manually, still. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

That is the problem even though paypal say it is okay, sellers will still not send the item until ebay says it is paid, you need to have these updated better. I ended up cancelling due to the fact I was having very bad difficulty convincing the seller it was paid, even paypal advised the seller of this, but because ebay said it wasn't he said it wasn't.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@hurs-donn wrote:

That is the problem even though paypal say it is okay, sellers will still not send the item until ebay says it is paid, you need to have these updated better. I ended up cancelling due to the fact I was having very bad difficulty convincing the seller it was paid, even paypal advised the seller of this, but because ebay said it wasn't he said it wasn't.

Your seller might not.

Fair dinkum sellers post once the funds are confirmed in the target account, Paypal, bank, merchant credit. Doesn't matter.

Your seller sounds like they don't actually understand how trading on eBay works. Try sellers who know how the system works.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply