Perfume not new

I brought a perfume that was stated to be new and never used. Upon arrival the perfume had clearly been used. I contacted the seller that admitted it had been tried but they still think it's new. What can I do?

AUTHENTIC

CHRISTIAN DIOR - JADORE

30 ML EDP

WOMENS PERFUME

THE OUTER PLASTIC HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BOX BUT THE PERFUME HAS NOT BEEN USED AT ALL

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ! !

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Perfume not new

Open an item not as described dispute.

You will have to return the perfume to the seller by trackable means.

Oh, yeah. You will also need a dangerous goods licence to send it anywhere.

Keep it, give the seller appropriate feedback, and don't buy perfume online. Again.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Perfume not new

Unless you have a special Dangerous Goods Licence and an Australia Post account, you will not be able to send the perfume back to the Seller

it is against Aust Post rules

all you can do is ask the seller for a partial refund of the price you paid.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Perfume not new

Now isn't that really annoying, how some sellers don't seem to 'get' what new or unused  means.

They seem to think once or twice doesn't count.

I've seen that happen with clothes, too.

With perfume, I would be wary of buying anything unwrapped, or for that matter, even wrapped. You don't necessarily know how old it is and it can deteriorate with age.

Doesn't help you much this time, but for the future.....

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Perfume not new

putney said:

Unless you have a special Dangerous Goods Licence and an Australia Post account, you will not be able to send the perfume back to the Seller

it is against Aust Post rules

all you can do is ask the seller for a partial refund of the price you paid.

------------------------

I have no doubt you are right about this, but obviously the seller didn't know and sent it vai mail.

I was just wondering this. If the buyer cannot legally return it via post, could she still make a paypal claim and explain the circumstances. They may still refund her, but in the circumstances remove her obligation to return the product, since it would be unlawful to post it.

Could that happen? If so, it could be the way for the buyer to go, rather than just seeking an informal partial refund from the seller.

Could teach the seller a lesson about truth in advertising, too.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Perfume not new

You are correct. That should be a defence for non-return.

I would just take a partial refund, personally. If I used perfume.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Perfume not new

The OP can open an item not as described and seek a full refund without return due to the significant expense to special courier a dangerous goods item back to seller.

IMO seek a full refund OP and make sure you provide "evidence" that the bottle was not new on receipt - including photos.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Perfume not new

"the seller that admitted it had been tried but they still think it's new."

Include the email where the seller said that, in your claim. That is your proof, alongside any photos.

Otherwise in a claim the seller could deny it, and say you used it yourself and just didn't like it.

You are lucky they have admitted it, as it isn't going to be your word against theirs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply