Possible fraud seller?

niclinicol
Community Member

Anyone experience possible fraud seller?

I won my bid yesterday (19th noon) and have been trying to contact with the seller few times to arrange pickup, but so far recevied nothing from the seller. Meanwhile I saw the seller re-list the same item that I bidded and made the double price for new bidding straight after this the bid was ended.  

Is there anyway I can find out what's going on about if this seller was willing to sell the item or not?

Thx

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Possible fraud seller?

Hi there,

can you please provide a copy of the item number? That way we can take a look and see if we can figure out what might be going on.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

Hi there,

Here is the item number: 221571070485

I hope it helps.

Thx

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

well he does say in his advert that he has several of these for sale, so relisting one as soon as one is sold is NOT unusual on eBay

it only ended yestrerday, at least give him time to respond, he sounds like a business so perhaps doesnt work on the weekends.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

Thank you for the advice. 

Definitely I will wait few more days.  I don't want to leave a negative feedback to a good seller.

Hope will receive his reply soon that will be easier for me to arrange the pick-up.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

I've seen that seller's listings & I think it's an false advertising to add photos of a whole range of clothing & accessories  to list 1 pr of Sunnygirl pants.So in a way i think they are a fraud.

Good luck with your sale,the other poster is probably right,i just do not like the seller's deceptive approach to sales.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

putney32 wrote:

well he does say in his advert that he has several of these for sale, so relisting one as soon as one is sold is NOT unusual on eBay

it only ended yestrerday, at least give him time to respond, he sounds like a business so perhaps doesnt work on the weekends.

The seller states; "We have bought over stocks. I have them brand new in original packaging. If you want to buy more than one piece, please email for pricing... Saving Big $$$$"

I agree with putney, except I don't think that the seller has technically relisted it, if they had there should be a link to the relisted item present in the colour bar across the top following where it says "Bidding has ended on this item." . The seller has most probably used the option of 'sell similar item' instead.

They were probably hoping to generate some excitement from multiple bidders on the OPs cabinet by starting it at a relatively low price, as sellers often do. It would appear they have abandoned that strategy and listed the next one with a higher start price at their preferred minimum.  OP, you may have got a good deal by the looks, so be happy. 

Looking through the sellers feedback, they have a long history (over 1 year) of selling pieces of this style of furniture. They also only have one neutral and zero negative feedbacks, so I wouldn't be concerned OP, at least not yet.

As putney said, they may not be available on weekends, and they may have been at work today without access to eBay, there's any number of reasons they haven't replied as yet... so give them a bit longer, at least another day or even two.

Good luck, and welcome to the ebay discussion boards.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

Thank you so much for the valuable information.

Learning new things everyday.

In my past few experience on ebay, normally the sellers will contact with me straight away and discussing how to organise the products, just curious why it doesn't happen to this item.

Obviously I'm still quite new ebayer, lacking of experience.  There are still many things to learn.

Thank you guys.

I will keep updating the status

Cheers,

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

@modestbods wrote:

Looking through the sellers feedback, they have a long history (over 1 year) of selling pieces of this style of furniture. They also only have one neutral and zero negative feedbacks, so I wouldn't be concerned OP, at least not yet.

Correction.. they've received 1 negative & 3 neutrals

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Possible fraud seller?

@niclinicol wrote:

Thank you so much for the valuable information.

Learning new things everyday.

In my past few experience on ebay, normally the sellers will contact with me straight away and discussing how to organise the products, just curious why it doesn't happen to this item.

Obviously I'm still quite new ebayer, lacking of experience.  There are still many things to learn.

Thank you guys.

I will keep updating the status

Cheers,

Quite often neither the buyer or seller comminicate with each other. If the transaction is simple & straightforward, I guess they don't really have much to say to one another... and being shy isn't unique to face to face encounters. Of course for pick up items, not communicating isn't going to work out too well ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply