Returning a product

Hi,

I sent an email to the seller on 1st Feb, in reply to his email, of the 31st Jan, stating that his Leather Zippered Phone cases did not fit my Nokia Asha 300 properley & he has not replied. Below are the two emails that were sent . HELP REQUIRED with this situation!

The seller replied to you

Hi Denise,

ewwt-oc sent you a message about your request:

"Could you send some photos about my product's problem to me?? I want to know what wrong is it and find a solution for you. You can upload the photos in this site and send the link to me. There was a link in here - but something said it was invalid & would not send until I deleted it.

To reply now, see your request details.

If you haven't agreed on a solution by 03 Feb, 2017 , you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until 14 Mar, 2017.

Item Information

Hello,
It is not the sort of problem that would show up in a photo, it is hard to explain in words as well though, but I'll try.

When you put the phone in the case & do up the zipper - the clear plastic at the front is sewn into the material at bottom & sides in such a way that the plastic does not sit flat & the case is very tight to do up the zip & I just don't want to try to get it to sit right  & have something break or get stuck.

Plus, then, when I have to take the phone out of the case to:
a) change batteries - as I don't charge my phone & have two 2nd phones that I use as stand alone chargers & then change the battery completely.
b) on the next item - is that if I know I'll be on the phone for a while - I always take the phone out of the case, as it gets hot ...

Then I would once again to have to battle all the time trying to get this plastic to sit straight & then what happens if the zip sticks or the like.

I had some older Nokia 3315 cases that fitted ok, but the reason I needed new ones, was because the plastic was starting to break & was very yellow & you couldn't see the phone properly.

Yours just seem to be far too small for the Nokia Asha 300, & as stated the plastic edge that sticks up when the pone is in the case - will not sit flat - so I don't think there is anything you can do with the ones I currently have here that would fix these issues. I would like to get a refund & return them please.

from Denise Forrester

Now this is the only way I can show you what has transpired & do not know what to do next - as it has been a week.

thanks.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Returning a product

Start an Item Not As Described case - if the seller doesn't respond to that within the specified period, eBay will refund you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Start an Item Not As Described case - if the seller doesn't respond to that within the specified period, eBay will refund you.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You have opened a case on ebay saying item wont fit, but say in your post that you dont want to try to get it to sit right & have something break or get stuck.
I assume it is tight or very difficult to get the case to do up around corner of phone?
If thats the case, that is quite normal.
Take some photos for seller, they might be able to offer a solution of getting a lead/carbon pencil and rubbing the pointed bit of pencil along zipper ( pencil is an excellent dry lubricant on zippers)
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Seller is in Hong Kong, so I wouldn't be returning without postage compensation upfront. If the cost of returning is more than the item is worth you could also argue that aspect.

The seller also seems to have issues with the eBay MBG - http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/eBay-case-8-days-time-limit-is-very-stupid/m-p/2035665#U2035...

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO MY QUERY

It has been resolved now - as I had to get ebay to fix it & I got my refund.

Thanks again to ebay too.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

There seems to be an echo in here.

Spoiler
Glad you got your refund.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply