Ripped off

kaan761
Community Member

I bought a product which was 250ml and the seller sent me only a 100ml bottle. The postage stamp even shows a weight of 0.123kg and I have sent this to ebay. So far seller has tried everything to weasel out of supplying the item I bought and now I have to send it back for a refund and will be out of pocket for postage costs. Can I leave negative feedback now or should I wait. Trouble is, it took over a week to get it in the first place and because seller has been dragging this out I'm worried I wont get my money back or the chance to leave feedback.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ripped off

cq_tech
Community Member
Don't sweat it. You have 180 days to claim a refund, and 60 days to leave feedback - plenty of time.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

Thankyou. I don't understand how sellers who rip people off still get to sell on ebay. I though this was a sfe place to trade, but it seems like it isn't.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

@kaan761 wrote:

Thankyou. I don't understand how sellers who rip people off still get to sell on ebay. I though this was a sfe place to trade, but it seems like it isn't.

sorry, but there are millions of transactions daily on eBay that go through with no problems, yet you have one bad experience and make the sweeping statement that it seems eBay is not a safe place to trade!

You struck one bad seller, there are millions of excellent sellers . . . . . and some of them come to these discussion boards to offer their help and advice for free to members who come here looking for help. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

Are you positive it was a 250ml bottle before purchasing it.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

Yes Michelle, the OP's bidding history shows that she bought a 250ml bottle.

However, it could have been a mistake on the seller's part.   She has currently listed 100ml bottles of the same item.  The original listing may have been wrong.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

Have you opened a case through ebay requesting a return and choosing the option that the item doesn't match the description.

If you have done that the seller will be responsible for the return postage costs. If the seller is uncooperative after about 5 days you can ask ebay to step in and they will sort it out for you.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

Ebay does have it's less than scrupulous sellers as well as some very good ones.  If the seller made a mistake then she should wear it and not make the buyer jump through hoops.

Best to follow Jensmanchester's advice kaan and open a case.

Joono
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

j*oono, my post was not in response to the opening post, but the followup post that contained a broadside towards eBay that I felt warranted a direct reply and not be left to stand unchallenged.  That's why I quoted the broadside post and not the opening post.  One bad experience for one member and eBay is no longer a safe place to trade! 

When I first joined eBay I had a seller not send an item.  I didn't know much about opening cases but I worked my way through it and got my refund.  This was in about my first 15 'buys'.  If I had formed the opinion that eBay was not a safe place to buy and stopped buying then I would still have only 14 buys.  But, I put it in perspective and kept buying and have only sought refunds for three items not received out of about 500 buys spread over 3 buying IDs.

As you note, others have come and offered helpful advice regarding the opening post.  I stand by my post.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Ripped off

I know that k1.  You quoted the part that you were responding to.

Joono
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply