Saved searches is now:

go-tazz
Community Member

Searches you follow.

What bright spark thought that was more appropriate?,(most of my saved searches are popular scam items),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Saved sellers is now: Sellers you follow.

Which is completely incorrect for me as a number of those "saved sellers" are scammers,postage pirates,etc,(

saved so I can "check" on them).

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Saved searches is now:

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just a few red herrings to take our minds off the postage changes coming up.

Buyers can worry about those changes while sellers concentrate on the postage problems.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

I thought the new working 'searches you follow' and 'sellers you follow' was pathetic.

I don't 'follow' anything on eBay.

It's also needlessly wordy, and I also have a saved file of dodgy sellers for checking.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

It's a stupid move because it is less descriptive and so not as helpful for a newbie.

The word 'saved' explains the process much better.

I hate this tendency to try to be trendy. Years ago my kids' school did the same, with a survey they sent home asking amongst other things for us to mention their 'challenges'. I was confused. If they had simply asked what they needed to improve on, all would have been clear.

I would guess ebay has stolen the expression 'following' from twitter or somewhere like that. They are... twits.Man Frustrated

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

i find this **bleep** annoying too! its good to have changes when needed but ebay keep coming up with these sort of idiotic moves every few weeks it seems. I'm going along quite happily using something then they go & change it, theres that old saying 'if it ain't broke why fix it'! Maybe the person who thought up the idea was the same one who invented the Myki ticket system in Melbourne

Spoiler
Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

wow must be some sensitive people working at ebay, i didn't know da mn was still considered a swear word! its 2014 not 1914!

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

Not "gone with the wind"... I am always dumbfounded when they *bleep* that word, what is going on? Is it a US thing? Is it that a rude word  in the States? Please, eBay -not the afficionados who know it all here, pleeease...- explain!

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

probably an american thing, they're a bit precious about swear words. hmm.... let me try something.... hell, jesus, heck, bloody, poo

edit: ok at least they're not THAT sensitive 😉

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

ebay moves in baffling ways. I just did a 'saved search'... as bonus you now cannot name the saved search to how you want it.

Actually, for the past week or so, most of my saved searches have gone to hell... searched limited to my local area now brings results worldwide, other searches are now full of results that 'sounds like' what I really want to spefically search for.

In all seriousness, if ebay can't fix my searches, I'm just going to have to abandon any saved/followed searches.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Saved searches is now:

ars enal always get bleeped for me??
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply