Seller asking for extra postage fee.

vohvah
Community Member
  1. Bought an item cause it had a good postage price.paid for it,then I get a message from seller saying that's not the proper fee and that it will be more because he hasn't included the packing box weight. No mention of it in the listing.
  2. What are my options?
  3. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@vohvah wrote:
  1. Bought an item cause it had a good postage price.paid for it,then I get a message from seller saying that's not the proper fee and that it will be more because he hasn't included the packing box weight. No mention of it in the listing.
  2. What are my options?
  3. Thanks.

If you went through all the process & were able to pay for the item, then it is the seller who has made the mistake, not you.

If he did not include the weight of the box, then it sounds as if the little bit of extra weight probably pushed it up to the next postage price bracket but in all honesty, he should just wear it. As you say, you bought based on the total price.

Basically, you are under absolutely no obligation to pay a cent more & if i were you, I probably wouldn't.

I would simply write politely to the seller & say i bought based on the total price and no mention was made of extra costs in the listing so don't feel i should be required to pay extra.

The seller has a few options.

He can suck it up & post it, paying the extra postage amount himself.

He can cancel the sale. He may ask if you want to cancel the sale so he can fob it off as a buyer request. If he asks, say no, you wish to go ahead with the sale as is.

He can still cancel the sale, but it will have to be  as his own decision.

If he cancels it, he will need to refund your money of course.

You will still have the option of leaving feedback.

So for you, two options. If you are desperate to have that particular item then you may want to pay the extra just to ensure you get it, but leave appropriate feedback later.

Or you can stand your ground and refuse to pay any extra. You may or may not get the item but whatever happens you should not lose out (as long as you paid via paypal).

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thats what I assumed,I didn't have to pay.when I started selling,I did the same mistake about postage and took it on the chin.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If they are a newbie seller and you really want the item then you could cut them some slack and offer to pay half the extra. If they are an experienced seller I would tell them to post off your item for the agreed price or you will open an item not received dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply