Seller has item, and money. Will not give refund, and is ignoring all my messages. What do I do?

This is obviously the same seller that I have been talking about before.

The story goes like this:

I bought a not as described laptop off him, and he told me to send it back (I have tracking number proof that he received it). So I sent it back to him, and then he claimed that it wasn't in the condition that he originally had it is (Which is obviously a load of bull****). I opened a dispute, but after a few days, he said he would give me a full refund if I closed it. I closed it, and he hasn't replied to any of my messages, or given me a refund since then. He is ignoring all contact that I send to him.

What do I do? He's pretty much thieved off of me as he has both the item, and the money I paid. I rung PayPal up to repon the dispute, but they said they can't.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Seller has item, and money. Will not give refund, and is ignoring all my messages. What do I do?

I think you have been had sorry. You need to phone PP or/ and Ebay and speak to them asap. Have all the necessary info at your fingertips before you phone ..Someone will come along with the phone numbers shortly me thinks. Never let yourself be conned into closing a dispute until all has been completed by the PP dispute system...
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

You were told your next and only option in response to your previous post ie IF you funded your Paypal payment with a credit card, phone your bank re a chargeback ASAP.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I used a Visa Load and Go to pay for it.

Rung up Aussie Post, and they said they can't do jack squat.

Rung up Visa, and all they did was redirect me to Aussie Post.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Oh dear, expensive lesson me thinks Woman Sad

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Yep, I'm pretty sure I've lost this! Woman Sad

I did contact an ombudsman, but they haven't replied yet. Hopefully I can threaten PayPal with them.

Also, I'm hoping I can report the seller. It's a shame too, he has 59 positive feedbacks and everyone has been satisfied (Sans me of course) with his items.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Did you contact FINANCIAL ombudsman. Have you correctly filled all the necessary documentation on line. It takes up to two weeks for the ombudsman to solve a complaint. You cant expect them to fix a complaint from you in one or two days.
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Paypal hasn't done anything wrong though.It was you that closed the dispute because you fell for the sellers lies.

I really can't see what the Ombudsman can do sorry.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

No need to be so rude, ants in the pants.

I just rung ebay again, and reported him. The lady told me that I wasn't the first to complain about him as many other users have complained about him. She checked all the evidence, and said that it all adds up. Looks like Ebay is finding me in favor.

Looks like I may be getting my money back after all if that's what you didn't want :^)

She also advised me to contact the online fraud department and gave me the sellers contact details. She also said that she may be putting a permanent ban on his account. I tried to ring the seller, but it was a fake phone number. She also added this to the evidence when I rung again, and said that he seems  very suspicious despite all his positive feedback.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

I contacted this one, and yes I did fill out all the info correctly http://www.fos.org.au/

They sent an email saying that they are investigating the problem. The ebay woman said to supply ebay's phone number to the ombudsman or the cops so she can supply all the evidence.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply