Seller saying I returned different item

So I bought a Graphics card (Computer Part) from a seller and after 5 days it stopped working. The seller received the item Yesterday and is telling me that the Gaphics Card s different from the one they sent me. Seller is clearly Chinese and I can barely understand his sentences, is eBay going to side with them and I'm going to lose my money? What do I say?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It would appear to me this is not necessarily a he said / he said case where either the buyer or seller is scamming or dishonest.

I know zero about computer parts in general or graphics cards in particular but as with any electronic item it is possible the item can work one day and not the next through no fault of either party.

If the card was working when sold, as appears to be the case even according to the buyer, then the seller was not dishonest. However, for almost $500 the buyer can reasonably expect the card to work for longer than five days.

All I am saying is it's possible the card was working when sold (so seller is not scamming) and not working now (so buyer is not scamming).  I am assuming there is no way to make a defective card work for a short period before it dies.

If the seller has evidence the buyer returned a different part then they should provide it to ebay for consideration.  Either way, no one on these boards is in possession of all the facts to make such a determination.

View solution in original post

Message 54 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Some sellers put their own personal mark on computer parts.

Are you sure you returned the right one ?

Is the seller sunbrisbane ?

image host
Message 2 of 59
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Wow yes that is the seller, unbelievable I've never seen anything like this within my years on this site. It actually makes me sick that people like this exist. Without a doubt I sent the exact card back to him.

Message 4 of 59
Latest reply

I can understand perfectly what this Chinese seller is saying because they're very good english lol

Message 5 of 59
Latest reply

The seller is adament he put a mark on the card.

And the one returned didn't have a mark.

Was the card in contact with any solution that could have erased the mark ?

image host
Message 6 of 59
Latest reply

I'd like to know why OP says they don't understand the seller when it's perfectly clear what the seller is saying lol.

And I think OP has been caught out because the seller marks their items which I used to do also so it's going to be she said he said

and OP will probably win the case anywayz az dat's how eBayz rollzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

Message 7 of 59
Latest reply

Why would the seller come to the Seller boards and mention this whole scenario if it was false?

The seller has nothing to gain from doing so unless the wrong card was sent back.

Message 8 of 59
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 I've spent 10 minutes deciphering some of the messages he has sent me. Also look at their listings, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to state names of other memebers on the discussion board but it is a Chinese name.

@kopenhagen5 I don't know what mark the seller is talking about. Why would you put a mark on a computer part without expecting it to be returned. I've bought a lot of computer parts on Ebay and no one has ever marked anything.

Message 9 of 59
Latest reply

cuppy, most electronic sellers mark the devices and parts in case wrong items are returned.

It is very normal and we hear of it often here on the forums.

eezie, Photographic evidence of differences may see the seller in favour.

eBay do support sellers when they can see a different item has been returned.

But as you say it's a he said, she said.

image host
Message 10 of 59
Latest reply