Seller says he can't see my order

yfgaddi
Community Member
Hi,

Please help. I ordered an item last August 9 and paid promptly. I received a confirmation email from ebay about my order. Now I'm asking the seller if the item has been sent already as it's supposed to arrive from 14-18th August and i haven't received any notification from them that it has been sent. The seller told me that they don't have an order from me. Payment made for the order was made through PayPal. And the purchase amount was deducted from my account.

When i checked my purchase history, it is not listed there.

What can I do? How to contact eBay by email.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check in purchase history or completed listings for the seller.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

there are multiple 'glitches' at the moment....may be clear tomorrow....alert the seller to this thread....if no joy, come back
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Check in purchase history or completed listings for the seller.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Check the payment in your paypal account to see if it went through....it may not have completed or the seller may not have received a notification....that is a common glitch at the moment.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

This happens to me frequently as a seller, so I can only tell what happens from my side when it occurs.

I receive a payment notification from PayPal, it tells me of a cleared instant payment for X amount and the item the buyer purchased, but I do not receive an item sold notification from eBay, nor does the transaction appear in my list of sold items, anywhere.

Every single time that has happened, when I log into my PayPal account to check the payment, it will show the payment as received then immediately reversed in full, so I don't receive the funds (the buyers usually re-try a little while afterwards, so I presume the failed transaction is indicated in PayPal if not eBay).

Somewhere during the checkout and payment process, something fails, and no actual transaction is made. It is an eBay issue, and often recurs for the same buyers, yet doesn't affect others at all, so I don't know what causes it exactly, but it doesn't happen with payment i received for orders from buyers via other sites, only eBay. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

yfgaddi
Community Member
Hi I have checked in my purchase list but the order that I paid for is not also indicated there. But the PayPal transaction history indicates payment was made to ebay
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

How did you pay ebay?

The payment should be made to the seller.

Did you go through Checkout to pay?

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

yfgaddi
Community Member
I clicked the pay now button and paid through PayPal
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

That seems odd - the payment history in PayPal, and the email notification of the payment, should show the seller's name and the seller's email address, rather than being paid to eBay. For example, a payment to me might say "Receipt for your payment to Digital Ghost" and list the email address the payment was sent to (clearly you've made successful purchases in the past, so I'm guessing any anomalies would stand out to you, anyway).

It definitely doesn't show as reversed or refunded? In my account, when payments buyers made to me were reversed, they show as two separate transactions. The first is a credit, the second is a debit in the same amount, sometimes one after the other, sometimes there's one or two transactions in between, though from the buyer's side it should show the opposite I suppose.

I did have one weird one where the buyer definitely purchased an item (as in confirmed the purchase) went through checkout, the item showed as sold and paid on both of our accounts. It wasn't until I'd sent out the item that I discovered the payment had actually been reversed and I never received the money, but it was still showing as fully paid on eBay unless I went into the order details, where there was a red note that said the payment failed. The buyer didn't respond to my messages until 5 weeks later, unfortunately, but insisted the payment didn't show as reversed on their side (I may never know the truth about that one, as they only responded to me when they couldn't purchase anything else and couldn't provide a screenshot to show me what the payment history looked like from their side, but I digress). 

If the seller insists that no purchase and payment has been received, but it's showing as a full, completed payment with no indication of reversal, then I'd call PayPal because those funds have to be somewhere. 

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

yfgaddi
Community Member
Hi the sellers name is actusllly indicated in the PayPal transaction. It doesn't show that it has been refunded. I have 3 transaction history with the seller. I first made an order of the same item to him last July 20 but apparently the item is still not available st his end so he asked me to just cancel the order. The money was refunded then. So now the PayPal transaction history with the seller has 3 entries, payment made last July 29, refund a week after then the payment made last August 9.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply