Seller says no tracking for parcel supposedly sent via Aus Post.

Hey!

Just wondering, the seller I bought some shoes from says an item was sent via Aus Post with NO Tracking. Is that even possible? I thought all eparcels had tracking included with them. I know one way which it is possible with the packing satchels(not prepaid or ebay ones), and not including tracking labels as they do not come included with the packing satchel.

Kind Regards.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Or seller dropped a satchel in a red box without keeping the number.

image host
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I don't think it is possible. All pre-paid items having tracking and own packaging ones need to be paid for over the couinter, at which time a tracking number is generated.

It sounds like the seller is trying to string you along.

If the item is overdue, open a case for Item Not Received. That might jog their memory. If they truly don't have the number they will lose a case as they have no proof of postage (which probably hasn't happened)

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Or seller dropped a satchel in a red box without keeping the number.

In which case the seller has no proof of postage.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

@goprosuper3 wrote:

Hey!

Just wondering, the seller I bought some shoes from says an item was sent via Aus Post with NO Tracking. Is that even possible? 

Yes, it is possible.

Some sellers are on contract rates, but they don't get the same services as those paying full-price for the same parcel weights, and in fact have to pay extra for either receipted delivery (which I think is not tracked, but e-delcon* is obtained), or full tracking. 

*e-delcon = electronic delivery confirmation

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Well it was an auction and I won it for 0.06c. It was only a small amount of money $18.06 so if  he didnt like the price, he could've just cancelled it. The postage was inflated by him btw. $10 to send a 3KG parcel. 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

I've got two parcels due, both Oz sellers, one with tracking and one without.

Tracking has finally been updated for one parcel and it's at Sunshine West.  Fingers crossed it leaves there tomorrow and actually ends up at my place.  I don't know what's worse....not knowing where a parcel is or knowing it's on an AP merry go round of all the wrong places.

I have no reason to suppose the other untracked parcel won't arrive in due course.  I've bought from the seller before and everything was fine.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@goprosuper3 wrote:

Well it was an auction and I won it for 0.06c. It was only a small amount of money $18.06 so if  he didnt like the price, he could've just cancelled it. The postage was inflated by him btw. $10 to send a 3KG parcel. 

Inflated from what?

The minimum charge for a 3kg satchel is $12.26 through eBay. $13.80 through Australia Post. And those are pretty much the cheapest options. Maybe you should check out the current postage prices, rather than assume they haven't increased in the last 10 or more years.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Maybe OP meant initial postage 18 then another 10 making it 28 for postage.

image host
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I meant he charged $18 for postage when it normally should've been $12.26-$13 as you mentioned. He sent it via Aus Post.

That DOES mean he inflated the postage prices.
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply