Seller sold me filthy product. Would like some advice.

Hi all. Here is a copy of a message I just sent the seller. It is quite self explanitary:

Hi
Received the vive today. Honestly man, the stench of dope that came out of that box when i cracked the top was unbearable. Everything reeked of M so bad it filled half the house up. There was even dope and cig crumbs in the bottom of the box!!!!

Needless to say it was all through the gear as well. The foam head pads and straps had to be washed and all the cables/plastics had to be cleaned.

The anti bacterial wipes I used to clean the plastic were dark brown. The water in the sink to clean the foam and straps also dark brown.... Seriously - there was even a ball of EAR WAX in one of the ear buds.

To top this all off there are light scratches all over the lenses of the unit. I'm pretty **bleep**ty man. I have not tried it yet as I have spent the whole night dealing with this stench and filth.

I will set it up tomorrow night once everything dries and see if the scratches are noticeable.

It is an expensive product. How can I return something that smells so bad of drugs?? I do not want to get into trouble. As I paid $50 for postage, I deffinalely do not want to be out of pocket either... Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Seller sold me filthy product. Would like some advice.

I can see the funny side of this today (after having some time to get over the stench in my house lol)

I took photos before and after cleaning and also of the wipes that are stained with stink.

I have not touched the box - it is out side airing off, but the contents is all still there (the green and the brown)

I have had a reply from the seller who is appologetic and blames his cousin. 

I think we will come to a suitable arrangement. Ill update this post once I know for sure.

By the way - even after cleaning, I plugged in the motion sensors that have a fan in them and guess what?? Stink is back hahaha... it was so strong it has even penitrated the inside of the devices. They mist have been setup for VR in a dope plantation ๐Ÿ˜›

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I meant before they cleaned it up.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Stained with stink............love it!!!

Seriously though, I hope it all works out OK for you. Wretched cousins, you can never trust them.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I guess it's HIGHly unlikely you'll purchase from this seller again? ๐Ÿ˜„

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply