Suspicion of being undermined on Ebay

Hi, Can anyone offer any help/suggestions please?

I have been in contact with Ebay but they can't seem to shed any light on my problem.

I have 100% feedback rating and all positive feedback from buyers and sellers.

However, I have had just had a seller block me but not for any good reason. (doesn't fall under the list of reasons to be blocked on Ebay).

The seller tells me that other Ebayers have worned her bout me but hasn't given many any details to back up her claim.

I have had a look on the Ebay forum of Buyers and Sellers but can't see anything on there relating to me or this person's claim.

Can anyone tell me how this seller may have got info about me from other sellers, please?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Maybe you're in competion with this seller?

I've had sellers block me for no reason,just move on as it's not worth the trouble or stress.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

It is hard to say, your feedback appears fine, but then sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers and we can't see if there have been any disputes.  If you had had any NPB disputes it may be that the seller's automatic blocks are to blame, 2 in a year is enough to block you at the highest settings. 

Other than that, it may be as simple as a comment you may have made in the forums, or a neg you may have left for someone who knows this seller.  Sellers don't have to give a reason why they have blocked you, perhaps when you asked, this seller just  wasn't comfortable to say that, so they simply said they had been warned.

There are plenty of other fish in the sea, perhaps you should just move on and forget about it.  I seriously doubt anyone is deliberately trying to undermine you.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Spot on penny I see a few negatives left for sellers

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your thoughts on the issue. I have learnt something today as I didn't know that a seller can't leave negative feedback about a buyer. I think I still have a lot to learn about Ebay.

I haven't dealt with this Ebayer before, so they wouldn't have blocked me because I have been a bad customer. I just simply sent an email asking about sizing of an item and received the shock reply that they did not want to do business with me and had blocked me.

You are right, there are plenty more fish in the sea, however, very few selling what I am after. 

Anyway, I'll take your advice and move on.

Thanks again....

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@au2014_hulze wrote:

I haven't dealt with this Ebayer before, so they wouldn't have blocked me because I have been a bad customer.

You don't have to have dealt with the seller to have been blocked, the automatic blocking system allows sellers to block buyers who have NPB strikes with other sellers, or who have low feedback, or no email verification.  The seller doesn't need to have dealt with you before, if you meet any of the filters they have in place with the automated system, you will be blocked.  It's not a personal thing, just a precautionary tool eBay provides to allow sellers to avoid buyers who may have repeated issues or low experience levels.  Used in conjunction with the NPB dispute system it protects sellers from possible issues.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Penny,

thanks once again for your info.

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know what NPB strikes means? Could you explain?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Non Payment Buyer

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Thank you!

That definately counts me out on that reason. I pay 100% of the time and promptly!.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I have heard of sellers blocking buyers simply

because they asked a question

They viewed that as trouble down the line

Go figure  shrug.gif

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply