Trying to buy my first item - Ebay customer service are hopeless. Can anyone help?

I am trying to buy my first item. I opened up a paypal account and have verified it. When I try to purchase the item, I get this message:

To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the quantity of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time. These limits may change over time and are determined by your previous site activity and overall performance.

Currently, your account has reached the limit for bidding and buying, but you can increase this limit by providing additional verification. Thank you for your understanding.

Please confirm your personal information by clicking on this link and following the instructions: PayPal Verification.

Clicking on the link takes me to a paypal page telling me how to verify an account. However, my paypal account is already verified. I have spoken to Ebay CS on chat twice now this morning, both of which gave me completely different information. I don't think they have a clue what they are talking about. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Trying to buy my first item - Ebay customer service are hopeless. Can anyone help?

There are many eBay site glitches at present.

All I can suggest is to try a little later as the set ups you have done may take a little time to take effect.

Also use Chrome or Firefox as browser if not already.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Your Paypal verification can take up to 48 hrs to connect with your ebay account, I think this is most likely whats happening.
You could ring paypal and ask them to speed things up but really, just wait an extra day then go on a shopping spree.

P/S  I hope you come back to see these replys. Often, thenewbies dont come back... shame really.

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply