Trying to log a return for INAD, says I need a computer?

Trying to log a return. INAD. System says yes item is eligible for a return but when I select the item it says I need to continue on a computer.

Surely this is the most basic of everyday processes. As a lot of people run devices should this not be something doable on a phone or tablet? Same issue on app, mobile and full version. I do not have a computer or internet connection (no broadband where I live). Am I doing something amiss or is that how eBay is now?
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I don't know if that's the case or not.

Do you have a public library to use their computers?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Public library is a shipping container with a set of encyclopaedia from 1976 and a computer that dates to the early 90s.

I can't see why if they design an app to get on eBay it excludes the ability to claim if there's a problem.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Phone ebay ?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I'll do that as a last resort. Shouldn't have to though.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe you should not have to ring ebay but wouldn't it be easier and more time efficient to make a 1800 free call to get the problem sorted than to complain on the boards?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Are you using the mobike app? If so then the advice given uncountable tines on these boards is to go to the classic view or open ebay from within your browser, not through the app. Have you tried that?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yes phorum junkie I go through classic site and as soon as you open that part it actually opens the mobile version (same view as the app).

Lyndal no complaining happening here simply asking the question. The irony of an online marketplace that can't solve the basics online isn't lost though.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

If you are viewing the mobile site on your browser, then you are not using the classic/full/desktop version. You need to use the full version. On the mobile site, go to your watch list (or some other page other than the home page). Scroll down bottom and you will see a link for the full site. Easy as that.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yes tippy but when I do that it displays the full site until you do certain actions then flips to the mobile view or even the app. It's really annoying actually. Touching on the reply button in a message (as opposed to replying using the reply icon at the top) does this too.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply