USPS Tracking with LK NUmber

OK so I am not overly familiar with the US POstal Service. I bought an item off a Seller and he gave me a tracking number starting with LK then 9 digits then US.

It scanned until "Dispatch to Sort Facility" which was on the 20th of July. Its now the 2nd August, no scanned update, nothing to indicate it has even left the US OR arrived here in Australia.

The Seller has been very patient with my emailing him and has reassured me it WILL be here, but I am not holding my breath.

I do not understand firstly WHY you would ship something to another country without full tracking (to cover your own butt as a seller as well).

So anyways enough ranting,

What does LK stand for in the USPS shipping stuff??

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you post the full tracking number please. There are several experienced members who can have a look and try to work out where your parcel is.

Do not let the seller string you out past the cutoff time for opening a dispute....you are pretty close now, so you need to act quickly.

As for full tracking....it can be very expensive and many buyers do not want it.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Is the item definitely coming from the USA?  I think LK is a DHL number, so may not be a USPS number at all.

Can you also post the full title of the item you are trying to track?

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Sure - here is the number LK071415712US

its definitely coming from the US, most other priority mail takes 7 working days usually to reachme but this is now 9 working days with nothing at all.

TIA for any help  x x

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

It is USPS alright. I just complained about it in another thread and am waiting for a parcel myself. Mine starts with LJ, which means First Class, I am not sure about LK, but it can only be better than First Class because First Class is the cheapest option.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Oh, you say it's Priority. I don't know, my other parcels were all also much quicker to arrive. Mine has been processed through their sort facility (last update). If you don't get it by the beginning of next week and the status doesn't change, you could try to call them.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is only an International Letter so could well take another week or so.  There is nothing there about it being a Priority Mail item.  Did the listing state it would be sent Priority?

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

I have found this info re prefixes: http://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/hdusps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1125&&p_sid=kY

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

LK071415712US shows as international letter (or small parcel), which is only trackable within US.  I just today received one posted on the 18th, so you should have yours within next few days.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

In my experience foreign mail's tracking isn't updated after it has left the country so there may be nothing for you to worry about. Registered Post here isn't updated until the day it's delivered.

TCT
Message 10 of 34
Latest reply