USPS from miami fl to australia

scriptersplayground
Community Member
hi guys i bought an item from a seller on the 8th of November from the u.s.a to Australia. now i was told MAXIMUM delivery time would be the 17th november its now the 18th what should i do? im thinking of opening a paypal dispute and get my money back. should i do this or just wait???
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: USPS from miami fl to australia

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor
If you are going to buy from the USA on a regular basis you need to be very patient and never ever believe the delivery timeframe quoted by ebay, USPS or the seller.
What they fondly believe is a reasonable delivery time is just not going to happen these days.
It has been like this since before last Christmas and is showing no signs of changing in a hurry.
Just be aware of the 45 day time limit for opening a dispute and don't wait till the last minute...I would open a dispute around day 40-42. You can wait up to 20 days before escalating to a claim if you want to.
Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member
Look at it it this way... most postal systems make claims of expected delivery, and most postal systems are run under the auspices of government, which in turn happens to be comprised of elected politicians ]:)
Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

Don't rush into giving feedback. You have 60 days from the date you won the item to leave it & should be the very last part of any transaction.

You say you have tracking, so you at least know the seller has posted your item. Most likely it will get to you in the next couple of weeks.
Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

2 weeks-do you have a tracking number?If you do,you can easily check to see yourself where it is.Either look on Australia Post website-that will show when it enters Sydney Customs-or check USPS website.

USPS generally only tracks things traveling to Aus until it leaves the country.. In my experiences anyway

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

did you contact seller? did he give you a tracking number? if you didn't do this yet ,do it straight away then call the post office tomorrow with tracking number, if no tracking number then you must open dispute straight away hope this helps, you only get 45 days
Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member
auspost can only track when its in Australia. and its only been 12 days today.
Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

scriptersplayground
Community Member
Its coming by USPS Priority mail supposed to be the fastest i was told. obviously not... anyways USPS website says my item finally reached Australia 20/11, however i got an email claiming to be the USPS saying tracking info for my item cannot be accurate because they have scammers stealing mail... ill never be using priority mail again even though its the first time Ive bought something from the states.. oh and auspost tracking comes back with item not track-able so maybe auspost is just as bad
Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor
USS Priority is not the fastest service...that honour belongs to Express Mail International, or alternately an International Courier Service like DHL, FedEx or IPS.

You have very little say in the service used...that is up to the seller. You can request the service you would prefer but ultimately it is the seller's decision.
All tracking is only as good as the humans who enter the information into the system. A parcel from he USA will only be trackable on the AP site once it clears Customs and is in Australia.

You seem to have very little idea how US mail works. How long ago did you pay for your item and did the seller give you a tracking number?
Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

As I might have said previously, USPS Priority from Minnesota to Canberra took 8 calendar days, about a month ago.

As I don't do tracking for at least a month, I have no idea what the tracking said.

But if it's in the system, it's been posted, and it's hardly the seller's fault how long it takes to get to you.

That would not stop the average buyer staring an INR or leaving a neg, though
Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

scriptersplayground
Community Member
USS Priority is not the fastest service...that honour belongs to Express Mail International, or alternately an International Courier Service like DHL, FedEx or IPS.

You have very little say in the service used...that is up to the seller. You can request the service you would prefer but ultimately it is the seller's decision.
All tracking is only as good as the humans who enter the information into the system. A parcel from he USA will only be trackable on the AP site once it clears Customs and is in Australia.

You seem to have very little idea how US mail works. How long ago did you pay for your item and did the seller give you a tracking number?

gave it to me 2 days later
Message 20 of 38
Latest reply