USPS from miami fl to australia

scriptersplayground
Community Member
hi guys i bought an item from a seller on the 8th of November from the u.s.a to Australia. now i was told MAXIMUM delivery time would be the 17th november its now the 18th what should i do? im thinking of opening a paypal dispute and get my money back. should i do this or just wait???
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

I wouldn't expect mail from US to arrive in such a short time frame-3-5 WEEKS is about normal,especially if it goes through Chicago's O'Hare sorting fascility for any reason.

I'd wait at least another 2 weeks before even thinking of opening a dispute-just don't leave it longer than 45 days.
Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

agree with foxy... 3 weeks is prob. the quickest you'll get a parcel from East side of usa to Aussie.(and thats to Sydney)... anywhere else in Aust add another week, once it gets thru Aussie customs/quaranteen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

scriptersplayground
Community Member
it was sorted through miami fl sorting facility supposedly.. so i should wait another 2 weeks you say? or just another week?
Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

it was sorted through miami fl sorting facility supposedly.. so i should wait another 2 weeks you say? or just another week?

2 weeks-do you have a tracking number?If you do,you can easily check to see yourself where it is.Either look on Australia Post website-that will show when it enters Sydney Customs-or check USPS website.
Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

scriptersplayground
Community Member
i do but it says its been stuck in sorting facility since the 13th
Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

I would give it a little more time. I've just had 2 parcels arrive from America. first one sent on the 31.10 arrived on the 16th Nov it was USPS Priority, second parcel took 18 days from Texas Priority also.
Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member
The US postal system is almost broke and layoffs are causing delays. You should wait at least four weeks before opening dispute- you have 45 days anyway and this is something out of the sellers control.
Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

It's a shocker at the moment.

The last stuff I got from the States (Minnesota, so no idea which centre that would have gone through) took 8 calendar days. USPS Priority, I believe.
Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

scriptersplayground
Community Member
ok cheers guys ill wait another two weeks or a month from the date i bought it.. i don't wanna give the seller negative feedback because he has only 2 negatives among 10000+ positives, and this is the first item from the states ive bought
Message 10 of 38
Latest reply